Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Underarm stains on clothes

Posted by samkaren (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 3, 11 at 22:56

What is a good way to get those ugly stains out of clothes? They seem to get hard over time but i hate to throw out clothes that are still good....except for the stains.

SamKaren
your resident Dj

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Underarm stains on clothes

You can try Carbona Stain Removers. They are sold at most grocery stores as well as Wal-Mart, KMart & Target. They come in a little yellow bottle about 4-5 inches tall. They make a different formula for each kind of stain: i.e. grass stains have a different formula than ketchup stains. And you guessed it, there's one for underarm stains! It works, but I do find that after a few wears & washes, the stain comes back & you have to repeat the treatment.

o

Pour white vinegar on them.Then wash normally. Works for me. Cheaper than a "specialty" product and easily found in all agrocery stores.

o

My DD makes a "paste" of powdered Oxyclean and a little water to remove those horrible stains from her DHs undershirts. She lays the shirts out on her kitchen counter and spoons a thick coating of the paste on the shirt underarms and leaves them to soak for 4 to 6 hours. Then she washes them and the stains come out. I don't know how the bleaching agent would affect colored clothes.

o

I don't know if those yellowy stains are from salts in our sweat or from chemicals in deodorants/antiperspirants. My Grandmother had a laundry secret for whitening. She laid her whites to dry on the grass on a sunny, not windy, day. The combination of sunlight (ultraviolet light) and grass (chlorophyll) seemed to get everything white. Just watch out for bugs.

o

And bird poop, especially if there are blackberries growing close by.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here