Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advice on Vacuflo system

Posted by genie73 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 22, 09 at 22:26

I'm looking at getting the Vacuflo central Vac system. On the main floor and 2nd floor I have hardwood, tile and some area rugs. I would think that the bare floor head would suit my purposes for the most part. The Turbocat Voom head is not electric, does it not do a good job on hardwood floors? Is it just overkill or is the bare floor head better and therefore I shouldn't waste my money on the Turbocat Voom?

I will be getting low profile carpet in my basement eventually, would it work well on that or would I need to get an electric head for that area?

Basically I'm not sure if I need or want the Turbocat Voom vacuum head.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advice on Vacuflo system

I had a Vacuflo for 16 years. The Turbocat is for carpet only. You would use the bare floor tool for the hardwood. The Turbocat provides brushing action on carpet. It will work well on low profile carpet. I had never had a Turbocat but was talked into it as they told me it would do the same job as an electric. I had very high pile plush carpet and it just didn't cut it. I had central vac in 2 previous homes and used an electric power head. I ended up buying an electric hose and power head for each floor.

o
RE: Advice on Vacuflo system

Vacuflo has a microfiber attachment for hardwood floors. I just love it. When it gets dirty I just throw it in the washer. It is the best of both worlds.....suction and dust mop.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here