Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can this electric oven be cleaned?

Posted by andrelaplume2 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 5, 11 at 22:23

I have no idea how this happened or why. Its been like this for a year. After some luck (with advise from this forum) getting my mother-in-law's gas stove clean...I wonder if there is anything I can do to clean this...assuming its even dirty. It looks discolored...like the speckle is wore off...at first glance. Look under a magnifying glass and it appears something has coated over the speckle...which under the magnifying glass can still be seen. Thoughts...

Pics follow:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can this electric oven be cleaned?

Are you speaking about the oven or the stovetop?

o

the stove top....where you put the pan...see pictures please....

o

anyone????

o

Pictures look like mine. It was cleaned by a professional weekly for a few years before I got it. The spots came of very early with professional care. Perhaps the professional was not too, shall we say, ''professional''?

o

I would try a razor blade scraper (this is safe for glass top stoves) it does look like burnt on grease. Then get a a cleaning creme for smooth top ranges (I buy mine in the grocery store) use a wet scrubby or paper towel and really scrub. Dry and polish with paper towel. I have a ceramic top stove now and one in a previous home, and if cleaned after cooking while doing kitchen clean up, takes maybe two minutes, no buildup.

maid

o

the spots did not come off....something is coating them...I used that Dawn Power Dissolver on my motherinlaws gas burner....think it would work here or make matters worse?

o

Did you use the razor blade scraper?

maid

o

yes, it did not work.....

:(

o

The glass doesn't look dirty to me, just wear and age. Take your fingers and run it over the top, do you feel anything? If it is smooth, it'a clean.
I have used bar keepers on top, wipe off and use windex to shine. Works for me!

o

Naaa, not that old...5 years maybe...interesting, I looked at *new* ovens like mine...they all look like the damaged area of mine....ie the specles almost look like they are undeneath something....I wonder if my oven disign was just a lemon.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here