Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My house STINKS!

Posted by broodyjen (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 31, 05 at 22:22

I need help, ASAP! 2 days ago, I noticed a foul odor coming from DD's room...smelled kind of like cat pee, but a little different. I was searching for the odor, and found that the aquarium was leaking, and concluded that the wood aquarium stand, which the cat HAD peed on 3 years ago, was emmiting the smell. Since then, the aquarium stand has been removed to the front porch, the carpet has been steamed twice, and the smell is worse than ever. The whole room stinks--I have sniffed the spot where the aquarium was, and the rug doesn't smell strongly of cat pee in that spot. I stripped the bed, and there were no pee stains on it, and I sniffed every stuffed animal, etc.

Any ideas? DD is coming home in 24 hours from granny's house, and I don't want her to have to smell her room like this!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My house STINKS!

Close the door to her room, open a window and put a fan in it.....then spray all with fabreeze.....and if that doesn't work....look for a dead animal in the heat vent!
I had a stink last winter......solved the problem...but you don't want to know!...I had taken some meat out of the basement freezer and left it out.....for several weeks!
But once I found the source of the stink....the smell was gone very quickly....
You still have something causing the smell....it may be in the rug pad...or a closet...or a plant....but my guess is there is still cat pee somewhere!
Linda C

o

You may also have a bit of a 'fishy' order from the water. Try some Nature's Miracle
(Nature's Miracle consists of billions of natural enzymes that turn organic stans and odor causing materials into a liquid that you simply wipe away. Eliminates odors and restores color and luster to carpets and floors that have been stained.)
You can get it at pet stores.

o

OdoBan from Sam's or some Wal-mart's

o

If you think it might be cat pee use a black light to search for it. It shows up yellow with a black light then you know where you need to clean.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here