Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to clean a fireclay sink?

Posted by Madeline616 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 7, 11 at 20:32

Hello,

I'm about to switch from Kohler cast iron to Herbeau fireclay.

This week is decision week, and I think I've decided to go for a white Herbeau fireclay farmhouse sink. I'll be replacing my Kohler cast iron sink.

I've heard that Fireclay isn't as bulletproof as cast iron. How durable is it? My husband makes coffee in a french press, and often coffee grounds/coffee sit in the sink overnight. I can just wipe these spills off the Kohler.

Will the fireclay tolerate this type of abuse? I once had a sink from Home Depot that i cleaned regularly with bleach. Is that an option (or even necessary) with a fireclay (specifically Herbeau)?

Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to clean a fireclay sink?

You might try posting this on the Kitchen forum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here