Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best way to pick up hair and fuzz from hard floor surfaces

Posted by linnea56 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 3, 12 at 19:30

Silly question: but this is my household "waterloo"...I'm not a picky housekeeper. But there must be a better way than what I am doing now. It's mostly the bathrooms, which are all ceramic tile floors. It's hair (human, not pet hair) and fuzz, which seems to be clothes lint. Vacuuming and sweeping with a broom, miss more than they get. The bathrooms have too many tight corners for a vacuum or my trusty yarn dust mop to get in anyway. When I use a broom it seems to scatter a lot. I end up on my hands and knees with a wet paper towel, and I'd really like not to have to crawl around the bathrooms floors.

I tried a swiffer mop wet cloth, but that is not really designed to catch the fuzz/hair.

I thought of attaching a wet washcloth to the swiffer head. But will the hair and fuzz clog my washing machine? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best way to pick up hair and fuzz from hard floor surfaces

Shop-Vac.

o

If it's a hard floor, a simple straw/corn broom will work best.

o

For cleaning the tile I use my upright vacuum, with 2 wands, and a floor brush like at the link below. Dust and hair can't escape it and it is easy to get into nooks and crannies. I have a brush left over from an old Hoover sweeper and also have one from a shop vac attachment set I bought some time ago.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Vacuum floor brush

o

Paper towel on end of a dry swiffer mop. Spray lightly with water if needed.

o

You can also pin a washcloth over a Swiffer mop. I've seen this done by chambermaids at a motel.

o

Straw broom? :o Really?! Hummmmm
Research the Mint Automatic Floor Sweeper and Wet Mop. Look at the reviews. Not a vacuum, a sweeper and wet mop. love Love LOVE mine!!! There are two models. The 5200 (black) model is worth the extra, trust me. They addressed some issues and added some features. I've had both. It's currently mopping my tile floor in the kitchen, small hall, laundry room and small bathroom :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Mint Automatic Floor Cleaner

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here