Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Found What Works On Fiberglass Showers and Tubs

Posted by kristianne (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 21, 10 at 17:49

I found this on another website so I can't take the credit. I've tried it three times in my master bath shower and I was stunned at the excellent results. Easy-Off Fume Free oven cleaner in the BLUE can. It's safe for self cleaning ovens and it was lemon scent. I sprayed it on as soon as I woke up, let it sit for just over an hour and came back to take my shower and finish up the job. People, people, people......the grime melted off, literally. It hasn't hurt the finish on the fiberglass so far and I'm really watching for this. If anyone out there tries this I'd love to know if they've had the same excellent results as I've had. I don't work for easy off or whatever company this is.....just a fireman's wife who found an unlikely cleaning product for the bathroom.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Found What Works On Fiberglass Showers and Tubs

I'm anxious to try this on my shower stall floor.

o

I used to use it when cleaning repo's. It does work. The fumes will knock you out, but hold your breath, spray and run! Come back in awhile and spray down with hot water. Wonderful results!

o

Easy-Off Fume Free oven cleaner in the BLUE can
The fumes will knock you out, but hold your breath, spray and run!
ummmmmm?

o

I'll try it today. I'm cleaning my upstairs bathroom later. I have a can of Easy Off Fume Free BLUE in my closet.

o

Wow ... I would never use that in my bathroom (especially if my kids used it). I have used it twice to clean the top of my stainless steel stove and had to wear "protective gear". It contains sodium hydroxide (just for one).

o

o

Apology, I was reading the old version. Seems this one does not contain it. Although, somehow I still couldn't use oven cleaner in my bathroom :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Easy-Off Heavy Duty Oven Cleaner-Original-Old Product

o

It IS fume free. I used it without gloves and my hands weren't affected at all. Don't use the original....USE THE FUME FREE IN THE BLUE CAN WITH THE BLUE TOP. Then post back how it worked for you. My shower is nine years old and seriously, I was so happy when the shower came out squeaky clean.

o

Oooohhh,
Sorry to trip your trigger, but the fume free I used still caused me to spray and run!
Maybe I'm ultra sensitive.
Nothing that toxic is going to be completely fume free IMO.
My 2 cents.....

o

Wow, please, please, please be careful with what products you are using in your home. It can be so dangerous. Anything with a MSDS sheet is harmful to your health... just look it up, eye irritant, wear rubber gloves, dangerous if inhaled, immediately get outside for fresh air, etc, etc... even though it is fume free does not mean it is FUME FREE. Without smelling a product the harmful toxins can linger for up to a year in your home, after just one use.

There are options out there that have no toxins what-so-ever, and work just as well, if not better.

o

The Easy Off in the blue can works wonders. I have used it and recommended it to my neighbor. She used it on a bathtub in her rental that was just black with who knows what. She hadn't gotten that tub completely clean for several years because it has the embossed non slip bottom. It looked brand new after one application.

You must remember DO NOT LET THE OVEN CLEANER GET ON ANY CHROME TRIM! Other than that caveat it's a miracle worker.

o

I did it once on just doors it ate finish off the brass trim,I would never use it on fiberglass tub...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here