Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help please- getting sticky stuff off wood furniture

Posted by piper101 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 5, 06 at 17:09

Does anyone have a good remedy for getting that sticky stuff from stickers/tape etc. off of wood furniture? And just to complicate things more, it's kind of a transparent painted wood surface. By Ethan Allen so I have no idea how they finish/seal the top of the colored part and they no longer make this collection either. I don't dare use rubbing alcohol or finger nail polish removal for fear it will rub off some of the paint/colored stain. If you have any suggestions I would so appreciate it. Thanks, Nicole

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help please- getting sticky stuff off wood furniture

Pledge or another furniture polish will most likely dissolve the glue. Give it a little rub.

o

Goo Gone is all ways great for sticky stuff, but not sure about using it on wood surfaces. Another trick is to use mayonaise or peanut butter. They really do work and won't harm the wood! Just rub one of them on and wipe off, you may have to repeat the process a few times, but it should work.
Kathy G in MI

o

Try using just a little bit of baby oil on a cotton ball, and then rubbing dry with a paper towel. Good Luck!

o

WD40 is a sure fire way of removing that sticky stuff from stickers. You might do well to try it on the inside of a leg to see if it harms the finish.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here