Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
best way to clean fiberglass tub surround

Posted by duk748 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 9, 06 at 15:28

hello all - sorry if this topic has been posted before but my supermarket has quit carrying the scrub free cleaner i use to clean my tub surround with - what in the boards opinion is the best product to clean a fiberglass tub surround with - i do not want anything abrasive - any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: best way to clean fiberglass tub surround

Baking soda works well. Apply with a wet sponge.

o
RE: best way to clean fiberglass tub surround

duk I just saw your post I'm new here but thought I'd give my 2 cents worth.

Scrub free and Tilex both makes a decent shower cleaner. The Scrub free has a little bit of wax in it which is wonderful but I take it a step further.

I live in an area with VERY HARD WATER. So about every 6 months I get out the Lime-Away and really really scrub the shower walls down and get all that lime off. In 6 months even with regular cleaning I can feel the lime starting to build up but don't see it yet.

OK I make sure I got all the lime off and the walls and sides of tub and bottom are CLEAN. Then I get out the car wax most any car wax will work I think right now I have Turtle.

I wax the sides of shower and tub but not the bottom or the side of tub top where we step in an out of the tub. Don't want those to slick don't want no one to slip and fall.

After waxing I've found I can spray on the cleaner let it run down the walls to the bottom of tub while I do the rest of the bathroom then spray off the cleaner and I rarely even have to scrub the shower. About once every couple of weeks I'll run a rag over the sides of shower and tub takes all of 2 mins that is more or less to just shine the sides. Every once in awhile I'll run across a glob of conditioner that was slung on wall but that is rarely.

LOL it's taken me longer to post this reply than it does to clean my shower.

With waxing the walls it prevents lime and soap scum from building up because the walls are slick and everything tends to just run off and down the drain. It takes a bit of effort to wax the shower a couple of times a year but it saves me a bunch of time and effort between waxings.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here