Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miele twist or miele jazz?

Posted by ebse (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 1, 10 at 15:23

I am switching from a canister (too annoying) to an upright, and I heard that the miele does a good job on both hardwoods and low pile area rugs (what we have). It also looks like it can work under some furniture.

I'm wondering if the jazz justifies the extra $120? Any thoughts, or recommendations on other good uprights that will accomplish a combination of wood and rug without changing attachments?

Thank you!

Emily

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miele twist or miele jazz?

You might want to check out the Red Salsa sold only in vac stores for somewhat less $'s than the Jazz

o

Thanks. Who makes that model?

o

Miele makes a Salsa S7. It looks to be discontinued most places.

Where the Twist differs from the Jazz is that it lacks the LED lamp and Active HEPA filter. The Twist still comes equipped Miele's Super Air Clean filter and can easily be upgraded by purchasing a HEPA filter at any time.

Is HEPA important to you?

I love the LED lamp. It illuminates everything in your path (even when the sun is shining). I could probably forgo the HEPA but not the lamp.

I have the S7 Marin (Swing in the US). I love it. I use it mainly upstairs where I have broadloom and it does a great job. I love the wand and use it all the time for jobs like dusting, vacuuming curtains, etc ...).

I have a central vac and just hate lugging the hose around. I find doing some jobs is just so much easier with the S7.

I may splurge and get a Miele canister one day too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele S7 Salsa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here