Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
favorite brand of regular broom for hardwood, dog hair.

Posted by oopsie913 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 12, 10 at 14:48

We have a lab and also it seems we have a lot of dust....seems like my broom just doesnt really sweep the hair up well. Whats especially a prob is when i go to sweep it all into the dust pan...It clings more to the broom then sweeps into the pan... drives me nuts/. I have to continually rap the broom out on my back porch rail...any recommendations on your favorite type of broom. I have almost all hardwood....thanks guys.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: favorite brand of regular broom for hardwood, dog hair.

I prefer to use my canister vacuum cleaner to pick up dog hair, but if not that, then a Swiffer broom with a paper towel in place of the Swiffer cloth - Bounty paper towels seem to work best.

o

I think light, fluffy dirt like pet hair and dust bunnies are best cleaned up with a vacuum. If you don't want to go that route, a broom with some kind of sticky, attractant surface like a Swifter.

o

I know this is a "late" post, but this general topic is popular. I find that a broom just stirs up the hair too much. I have the kind of flat mop that is like a Swiffer but reusable. I use that between vacuumings, and I vacuum the mop head when it is covered with hair. (That's with the hose of the vacuum and multiple times during one mopping but still much easier than going all over with the vacuum.)

Does anyone have any thoughts about limiting the "drift" of the pet hair? If I set up a bed for the dog, she'll usually stay there, but the hair wanders all over anyway. Would a crate with partial sides help? Any other ideas?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here