Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stainless steel appliances

Posted by karle13 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 29, 13 at 13:24

What is the best way to clean SS appliances? Anything new on the market??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stainless steel appliances

Spray W-D 40 on a soft cloth, wipe stainless steel clean. Then wipe good with dry soft cloth.

Try to touch nothing more than the door handle to prevent messy fingerprints all over the frig. Having said that, if you have children in the family, learn to live with a frig with fingerprints all the time, call them "love smudges".

Adults can do their share of finger prints/smudges too. Many will not wash/dry hands before going to frig to get things out and leaving not only fingerprints but also drips down front of frig.

o

I use Sprayway Stainless Steel Cleaner or Sprayway Glass Cleaner (which is ammonia free) and a special (silver/gray in color) microfiber towel designed to be used with stainless steel.

Description of Spayway Stainless Steel Cleaner:

Cleans, polishes, preserves and protects stainless steel without hard rubbing and polishing. Resists finger prints, grease and water spatter. Helps preserve the factory finish.
Use on all types of stainless steel, window frames, trims, doors, corridor guards, kick plates, autoclaves, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers, sterilizers, etc. Also excellent for chrome.

-Grainlady

Here is a link that might be useful: Sam's Club - Sprayway Stainless Steel Cleaner

o

Thank you!!just actually got back from Home Depot and found the Zep in the foam that I also read about, and found 409 stone and steel cleaner I am going to try! They did not have spray way there!

o

A hospital where I was employed used something that smelled like WD-40.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here