Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pterodactylis

Burned food odor and smelly clothes...

Pterodactylis
9 years ago

Hi,

I had an unfortunate incident of wanting that warm soup but I forgot it(revision week, started to revise for 2 hours), water boiled away and a some vegetables turned into charcoal, majority survived though. I had my doors almost closed which means that the odor I felt and that made me spring on my feet was being released for awhile. I threw the pot out.

The incident happened 5 days ago and the house still smells badly. It is slightly noticeable when in house but after you get back from outside, when you enter the house, it really smells badly. I was told that my obvious steps: opening windows, doors and fans will not help because I have smoke particles laying everywhere, releasing odor constantly. We have steam absorber over oven it stinks. I tried to watch plastic surface of it with pure vinegar but it still smells.

I rent a flat and the landlord will probably be furious and I want to know how to get rid of smells and if I can do it on my own. I don't think vinegar helped. Another issue is clothing. I washed them with regular liquid detergent and vinegar but after only two days, they reabsorbed the smell from the house. I was happy when clothes were fresh but today on a bus I felt that I stink again!

I have no idea what to do and how to save myself and my roommates from trouble. Landlord probably has insurance but I just cannot believe that we would need professional help for some half-charred pot of vegetables.

I really need your tips and help because vinegar, coffee, whatever, does not work.

Comment (1)