Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cindiw2

opinions Chemfree Toiletclean systems

cindiw2
15 years ago

Shopping channel had Chemfree Toiletclean systems for sale, claiming you never have to clean your toilet again. I'd sure like that...! Has anybody used it? My Ty-D-Bol tablets never did much so I'm wondering about Chemfree.

Comments (8)

• grainlady_ks
    15 years ago

Perhaps I'm a dinosaur, old-school cleaning practices using elbow-grease and appropriate cleaning products; and find the promises of this "new-age" cleaning system you describe as unbelievable to the point of being laughable. How does this "never have to clean your toilet again" product manage to get inside AND out?

Whatever type of cleaner I use to clean INSIDE the toilet bowl, I still use a toilet mop or toilet brush to get under the rim. For those of you who think a "flush" type cleaner is cleaning under the rim, take a look and see how well it's doing..... I wipe down the rest of the toilet, leaver, toilet seat and base with a sanitizer (1:1 ratio of rubbing alcohol and water in a spritz bottle and a microfiber towel). It's not the bowl ONLY that requires regular cleaning.

Tablets and chemicals that release in the tank and into the bowl with each flush are worthless for the rest of the toilet. Don't you clean the ENTIRE toilet and lid, or do you consider some magic blue liquid sitting in the bowl CLEAN enough? Products released into the tank and dispensed with each flush can also harm the mechanics in the tank.

-Grainlady

• cindiw2
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Of course I would clean outside the bowl and I realize the bowl cleaner will not clean the seat or the rim or the outside. Unless Mr. Clean resides inside and pops out when necessary. But I'm still wondering if anyone here has used it and how they find it.

• graywings123
    15 years ago

It sounds very hocus-pocus with the magnets and all. Here is a description of how it works - I think a chemist or two who frequent this forum may be able to comment on it.

The author inserts the names of two important chemists to make it sound authentic, but if you read closely, it doesn't say anything about these chemists doing anything with regard to the product. Between the lines, it screams SCAM, IMO.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chem-Free

• cindiw2
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Let's be perfectly honest. First of all, I was wondering if it works. Second, many items that scream from the label what the item does, do not work. At least in my opinion. I have tried "shower cleaners," toilet tablets, scum removers, etc., and found nothin' works but good old scouring powder, vinegar or bleach. And I do occasionally use Lysol (which I find works in many circumstances) and a few other products. Yup. But I'm still wondering if Chemfree works.

• albert_135   39.17°N 119.76°W 4695ft.
    15 years ago

OP references a shopping channel. Some of those things quickly show up at WalMart much cheaper. There is insofar as I can tell no pattern as to what or when they show up at WalMart. I have noticed that the TV ads which say 'not available in stores' is not necessarily true. One just has to look there whenever shopping routinely for other things.

• cindiw2
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Again, folks, my question is if it works. Since HSN offers 30 day money back guarantee and I don't usually order through them, I just might try it if they give shipping back, too, if it doesn't work as promised. IF I do it (and I doubt it) I'll let you all know if it really works. but nows that I think of it, I just might try it if it will keep that "ring around the toilet" bowl on the INSIDE out. of the inside of the toilet bowl. :-) Y'all take care now.

• graywings123
    15 years ago

cindiw2 - if any of us who responded - grainlady, Albert, or I - had used the product and had an opinion, we would have shared it with you. We are aware that we didn't answer your question, but at least our responses kept your thread from floating down to the second page. I hope you try this product and report back.

• cindiw2
    Original Author
    15 years ago

And, graywings, your responses keep it on the top of MY mind so I don't forget to decide if I want to order it from HSN. And yes, I will certainly report my findings back! :-)