Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
betsyhac

govacuum.com

betsyhac
14 years ago

Anyone have anything to say about this site? I'm thinking of purchasing my ProTeam Sierra from them.

Comments (11)

• betsyhac
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I answered my own question. They get an F at BBB.

• marlingardener
    14 years ago

I just received the vacuum cleaner bags I ordered from them, and I was very pleased with their service. I got a quick e-mail confirming the order, and a 7 to 10 day shipping notice. However, the bags were shipped the next day and I received them Priority Mail.
    After dealing with the BBB on a dishwasher repair problem, I'd give the BBB an F!

• graywings123
    14 years ago

Betsy - My searches of this company are coming up blank. Could you please post the link to their BBB rating? I plan to buy a Pro-Team vac soon.

• lucky51
    14 years ago

Why not keep the Money in circulation in YOUR area ...buy local!

• marlingardener
    14 years ago

Lucky51,
    Would have loved to buy the vacuum bags locally, but there were none available. Sometimes keeping money at home just isn't possible, however much we would prefer to do just that.

• betsyhac
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I always try to buy locally, but I try harder to do that the vendors try to sell to me, and you know what, if they don't care, why should I? I'm getting kind of sick of the lackadaisical attitude on retailers' part. I keep hearing about the bad economy, but when I go out of my way and spend extra time to buy locally, sellers act like they couldn't care less if I buy from them -- and it's usually at a much higher price. In fact, I contacted ProTeam to get the name/number of a distributor near me so that I could track down their product. The distributor never returned my call. I asked ProTeam about an online vendor; they couldn't recommend anyone. Having said all that, I did finally find the vacuum at a local shop. After several phone calls, they finally offered to sell me their floor model, the only one they had. I'd previously spoken to another local vendor, gave him the model #, and he assured me that he could get it for me. He never called me back. I sure hope, after all this, it will be worth the $700 I'm going to pay for it. Graywings, I provided the BBB link below. I sent govacuum an email about their BBB rating, but never heard back from them either. Unfortunately, vacdepot.com only carries the bags, not the vacuum, because they did get a good rating on BBB. You know, Graywings, if Proteam is already their vendor for the bags, they would probably be able to get the vacuum for you; worth investigating I guess. Marlingardener -- tell us your BBB story.

Here is a link that might be useful: BBB rating on govacuum.com (Vacuums Unlimited, Chantilly, VA)

• graywings123
    14 years ago

Why not keep the Money in circulation in YOUR area ...buy local!

Vacuums Unlimited is my local store. I guess I will have to find a far-off place to spend my money. LOL! Thanks for the BBB link, Betsyhac.

• lucky51
    14 years ago

Graywings go to "my page" and drop me an email what it is your looking for that you can't find.

• marlingardener
    14 years ago

Betsyhac,
    Maytag recalled our dishwasher. I called an approved repair shop, who came out and in the process of making the repair, broke the circuit board. After six weeks, and being told to contact Maytag myself to get the part, being told the part was on back order, being told that we were "too far out and the repairman would come when there was another call in the area", I went to the BBB. They basically said that the repair shop had done all they could, and I ought to get over it. I called another repair shop, also authorized, who immediately said they would contact Magtag and get a "change out" which means a new dishwasher. Within 10 days I had a new dishwasher installed and working.
    The BBB is supported by dues from member businesses, and not by consumers. They have a rating system, but I don't think it accurately reflects the level of service the member businesses give.
    Hope you enjoy your new vacuum (as if anyone could enjoy vacuuming!).

• betsyhac
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I got a response from govacuum:

Betsy, You should have looked at our Amazon history, and our wonderful reviews from customers. We have by far the best return policy on the web, hands down, especially with vacuum cleaners. You missed a chance to deal with the best vacuum cleaner company online, hands down. http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/seller/home.html?ie\=UTF8&seller\=A13YM4FUDXTJG6 You let 2 peoples opinion change your mind, you'd better hope you liek your vacuum you ordered, or other companies are going to charge you so many fees and shipping charges when if you'd have ordered with GoVacuum, you wouldn't have paid a penny. Your loss. Have a great day, Chris Jones GoVacuum.com 14500\-G Lee Rd. Chantilly, VA 20151 (703)\-961\-1740

I'm not sure what the two peoples [sic] means, but I thought the "your loss" was kinda cheeky.

Per BBB website, the BBB rating was based on:

Customer Complaint History The company's size, volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by the BBB. The complaints filed against a company may not be as important as the type of complaints, and how the company has handled them. The BBB generally does not pass judgment on the validity of complaints filed. Number of complaints processed by the BBB in the last 36 months: 10 in the last 12 months: 3 Complaints Concerned: Advertising Issues (2 complaints) 2 Resolved Delivery Issues (3 complaints) 2 Resolved 1 Delayed Resolution Refund Practices (2 complaints) 1 Resolved 1 Company did not respond Repair Issues (3 complaints) 2 Delayed Resolution 1 Company did not respond

They do have good ratings on Amazon. But my feeling is that for every complaint filed with the BBB, there are many more people that just give up without complaining. But, now, finding out that the BBB is member supported, I'm inclined to think their ratings are bull. It's hard to be a consumer these days.

• graywings123
    14 years ago

Lucky - I am planning to buy a Pro-Team Super HalfVac HEPA when it is available in January.

I don't see any problem with the BBB being member supported. Who else is going to keep it running? A company that is responsible would support it. Companies that have problems would not support it. On E-Bay, the record that govacuum has would deter a lot of people from doing business with them.