Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dalilu

Shark vs other steam mops

dalilu
16 years ago

Hi! I have been reading all the posts about the shark steam mop and the other ones. Your experiences have been very helpfull for me to decide. I ordered today the shark and am already counting the days until it gets home. Although I bought it through the infomercial number, eBay has a seller who sells the directly from Euro-Pro Operating LLC with the 1 year warranty and 30 day return policy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280181351050&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018

I opened this post to continue the "saga" as victorian227 graciously calls, so all of us can keep enjoying the experiencies with this great gadget. Reeree you have been a GREAT leader and let me tell you I am also going to buy the scunci. Just I found out it seems is not done anymore. Now it is called the Rainbow and is blue instead of red. The scunci site explains it.

Again THANKS!!! and pleaseeeeee, keep posting.

Dali

Comments (32)

• lonig
    16 years ago

oh darn it! I just went and bought a Shark hand held steamer because I couldn't find the Scunci. I wondered what the Rainbow was. I also ordered my Shark mop from Bed Bath & Beyond. I can't WAIT til it comes. Today I spent hours, dang near all day, using that hand held steamer in my master bath. Everything sparkles!! I steamed everything I possibly could think of! Only problem is, every now and then it splatters really bad and gets everything soaked. Not a problem unless you have something that shouldn't get wet. I can't think that is normal. Maybe I better take it back and go for the Rainbow. Has anyone ordered the Rainbow??
    I read alllll these posts on that Shark mop and actually got so excited...about mopping! you guys all make it sound like a dream come true so I am anxiously awaiting my new mop.

• dalilu
    Original Author
    16 years ago

All this has made me remember when I was a kid waiting for Santa to come! I am so anxious for the mop to arrive! I wanted to check order status but cannot find how and the phone number for good old CS is always busy!
    Counting the days for my "present" to arrive!
    Ree, Vic, etc., where are you all?

Dali

• errett
    16 years ago

hope yours has arrived by now. We are still enamored with ours.

• dalilu
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh errett! I am really counting the days. I also bought the scunci from eBay. It is new and also has an adapter for the floor, which I am sure is not as good as the shark mop, but it was in the package. I will probably find some other uses for it. Now my daughter in-law wants a shark mop too!
    Still looking for Ree, Vic, Gail and the others to keep us updated on how their shark is behaving!

• greif
    16 years ago

how good do the steam mops work on tile grout? since the grout is set down slightly does it clean it good?

which mop is best?

• lonig
    16 years ago

I just received my Shark steam mop this evening and opened it up at 11 pm. I immediately tried it in our kitchen and all I can say is WOW!!! It actually works as good as everyone has said it does. I am more than pleased! I have ceramic tile on my floor and it is spicity span. However, it does not do grout. I knew that in advanced so I was not disappointed. I had ordered Finazzle to clean my grout. I think once grout is clean and sealed, then the steam mop will just keep it that way. No more dirty water from mops going in the grout grooves. This is the best mop ever!!!!!!!
    ps. I am going to try to make some extra pads as I can see where a person would need several. And if anyone is interested, it does say to wash pads with mild liquid soap only, nothing in rinse cycle and no bleach. Preferably air dry them but you may use low heat on dryer.
    It is 12:30 am and if it wasn't so late-I'd be doing my bathroom floors-can't wait til morning!

• dalilu
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Gosh lonig I am full of envy now!! I just received an e-mail from the shark people saying it was shipped on the 17th, so I will be in your shoes any moment now.I cannot wait!!! I am also waiting for the scunci to arrive, it´s a race between them. Scunci has also a floor adapter, so if it arrives first I can experiment a little with it though I am almost sure will no be as good as the shark with the floors, but who knows? Hope everybody here have a grrrreat Christmas. It's almost around the corner.

Let's keep posting! It motivates us and new others as well, no commission though, but great satisfaction! :o)

Dali

• dalilu
    Original Author
    16 years ago

UNBELIVABLE!!!! I just got my shark!!! See lonig? No more envy! As soon as I try it I will let you know my experiences!! HOOOHHHAAAHHH!!!!!!

• greif
    16 years ago

ok, so they don't work great on grout but great on tile. are they bad for vinyl?

so the scunci is a hand held clear?
    thanks

• lonig
    16 years ago

I used the shark mop on my vinyl floor in my one bathroom and ...perfect! Absolutely perfect. I only have vinyl in that one room, the other bathrooms, laundry room and foyer are ceramic tile. Worked great in all rooms and all my floors. Also, I did my florida room which has a hardwood floor. It worked well there too. No complaints whatsoever. None! And believe me, if something wasn't right-I'd be the first to say it. I did noticed that the only place to get the adapter ring for the carpet was if you ordered direct from the shark.com site then it came with it. But there you pay $15 shipping plus the $79.99 for the mop. Elsewhere it is free shipping I think, it was at Bed Bath & Beyond. So basically that is costing the $15 so I don't mind not having that. I have a carpet steam shampooer anyway. you know, it is actually fun to mop my floors now. oh dear-can't believe I just said that.
    dalilu-have you tried it yet?

• dalilu
    Original Author
    16 years ago

YES!!! And it is addicting! I vacuum and then mop and it is so fast and easy! when I put it down I cannot wait to use it again. Looking at my floors is like they are gaining shine now. Have used it 4 times in 3 days! I really didn't beleive it was so easy and so fun. But Ree and the others made the difference with their experiences. I cannot wait for the scunci now. My bathroom and kitchen are waiting for it. Yes greif, it's a handheld unit with different attachments.
    I won´t be posting because I will be 9 days in our travel trailer, one of the benefits of living in the Caribbean, (Puerto Rico). Of course, tomorrow before leaving I will use the shark mop on the vinyl floors there. I am even tempted to take it with us!!!
    Sounds crazy?? Well...I think I am in love...with a SHARK!!!

Merry Christmas to all!!!!!

• marushka
    16 years ago

I bought mine at BJ Wholesale Club! No hassles.

• lonig
    16 years ago

BJ's? never would have checked there. How much was it there? My daughter wants one now.

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

dalilu
    geezz..I have been out of the loop for a while! the holidays kept me busy , now I can return back to normal life :) Hope all of you had a wonderful holiday! I am so happy all of you love your mop! I have been steam cleaning and steam mopping for years and I am so happy to see more people using it and eliminating chemicals! It's a great thing to have and I still love mine as I did when I first bought one five years ago!
    Happy steaming ladies!
    Ree

• marushka
    16 years ago

I paid $70.00 including tax at BJ's Wholesdale club!

• zipster
    16 years ago

Ree it is so good to see you back here again. You were missed.

• moshmomma
    16 years ago

lonig,

I was wondering have you used the finazzle yet on the grout? I am going to buy the shark mop from somewhere soon (ebay, BJ's Target? ) and I also have ceramic tile floors in which the grout needs to be cleaned (wished they would have told us after installation to seal them). So I am looking for something good to clean a light -not white- colored grout.

Thanks.

• nicole93089
    16 years ago

Hello. I have been lurking here for a while and keep coming back to the steam mop posts. I am dying to get the Shark but decided to wait till after Christmas. OK, so it's after Christmas! please tell me where to buy it. Do I need to order from their website or is it finally available in stores? I don't belong to BJ's, but could go with a friend to Costco, if it was there. I thought I saw one at Sears a while ago, but now I wonder if it was the right thing. I'm disappointed that it doesn't work well on grout, but I'm sure it'll be better than my current half-hearted attempts. And what about the Finazzle? is it great on grout and where do I buy that? Thanks so much for all the information, I really appreciate it. My kitchen floor thanks you too.

• jcrowley99
    16 years ago

Most Linens n Things stores have them. Check on their website to see if a store near you has them in stock. I just bought mine there on Friday, I used the 20% off coupon that was on their add. I used it yesterday and it seemed to do a good job.

• nicole93089
    16 years ago

What is the exact name, Shark Steam Mop? and does it have a cannister or is it an upright type? I am confused. thanks all!

• dtbb
    16 years ago

Can not decide which one the h2o or a shark. Can't find the info I need on line. How many watts is the shark? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

• dalilu
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well dtbb and nicole, there are several places where to buy them. I got mine from the shark site. eBay also has it as well as other sites as Target, Bed Bath & Beyond and others. Read all the previous post about steam mops were you can read feedback of the different ones. I started by looking info for the H2O, but then selected the shark. Ree and the other girls started using it and boy was it a winner for me! As soon as I got mine I was in love! I'll vote for it any time.
    Dali

Here is a link that might be useful: eBay shark steam mop

• nicole93089
    16 years ago

Thanks Dali. That is the mop I thought we were talking about. I read the really long post about these a few months back and am sold on the Shark one. Just have to find a good deal out there (and maybe pay off my Christmas bills!) I remember people weren't happy with the customer service of the TV site so thought I'd get it elsewhere. Thanks!

• dtbb
    16 years ago

Thanks for the info but I tried calling Shark to find out the watts and it is always busy. Still trying to research them. Anyone know the watts on the Shark? Again any info would be greatly appreicated. Thanks!

• dtbb
    16 years ago

Finally found the watts info. 1500. After reading I still can't decide because I've read good and bad on both the shark and the h2o. The micro fiber pads look like they would stay on better on the h2o than the shark. Can't find them listed on the websites for Linen-N-Things, Sams Club, Sears or Targat. If anyone is in the same boat as I, trying to decided you may want to read some of the reviews I ran across.

http://shopping.sympatico.msn.ca/reviews/shp/?itemId=12661133

I can't find a good listing of reviews on the h2o

• dalilu
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I've had my shark a couple of weeks now and can't complain. The microfiber pad stays very tight and it is not tied as in the H20. It is kind of a very hard velcro like attachment. It does NOT come out. It is really good on my terrazzo floors. I need to use both pads so I ordered the extra ones now. Cleaning of the pads are just a drop in the washer. I did use some clorox, not too much and they came ot great too. Of course they will never be sparkling white after the first mopping, but they will be clean. I did not have any issues with customer service, in fact it arrived really fast.

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

Hi zipster and everyone!
    Thanks so much zipster! That was so sweet! (post back from December.. yikes!) You know, I truly love this forum and all the nice ladies I have met here.. I just wanted to say a quick hello and apologize for not being around too much. I have a lot of catching up to do around here (smile)

I am so glad to see everyone enjoying their mops! How does everyone like the hand held? Anyone buy the Ânew rainbow? Love to hear how it is!

Ok girls, I am ready to get back in the swing of GW!
    Talk to you all soon!
    Ree

• sunagape
    16 years ago

reeree, et al, thank you thank you thank you! I am in love with Sparkle, my new SSM. My highly sculpted lino floor is getting cleaner than when I've been on my hands and knees with a bottle of ammonia, a sponge, and a bucket of rinse water and wide opened windows. I've gotten up icky cat bits that were hidden, and my days of using toxins to make things feel clean are over.

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

Hi sunagape !
    I am so happy you like..ahem..LOVE your mop! ( I just read your other post about your cat stuff..lol So happy it worked! Toxins are bad..steam is good ( smile)
    chat soon!
    Ree

• lonig
    16 years ago

moshmomma - I haven't been on in a while but I got the Finazzle at their website, at www. finazzle.com. It worked pretty good on the grout but not like a miracle or anything. I only did it once but I think I need to do it again and then seal. Also, I would use the cleaner that is for "colored grout" if your grout isn't pure white. Someone told me that Home Depot also carries it but not sure.

• newtoremodeling
    16 years ago

I am one more convert. Today for the first time I came to this forum for a different reason ... but started reading all the other interesting posts, came across so much praise for steam cleaners, started researching it all and ... BOUGHT the Shark Steam Mop and the Rainbow Steamer. Can't wait till both tools arrive. Hope I'll see great results like all of you. My house needs results. Badly ... :) Thank you all for helping me make this discovery.

• luvmypets
    12 years ago

Can anyone please tell me the difference between shark mop & vacuume vs. shark pocket steam mop. not sure which one to buy. one looks like a vacuume and the other a steam mop.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022