Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen cabinets cleaning?

Posted by homeseller2010 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 8, 10 at 12:10

Hello All,

Is there any tips to clean both the inside and the doors of Kitchen cabinets? I have natural oak Kitchen cabinets.

Any advice/suggestions welcomed.

Thanks
Jim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen cabinets cleaning?

Try Guardsman. It made my wood cabinets look so much better. It was recommended to me by a cabinet store and it really worked so well. You can get it in the hardware store or I saw it in Bed Bath and Beyond.

o

Believe it or not, I've used turpentine on the wood and it cleans them wonderfully! My Mom, who was meticulous about her ash kitchen cabinets, used it for getting the greasy hand prints around the knobs and stove area. She too loved Guardsman. Though it cleans, it didn't do as well for getting the grime off. Try it in an inconspicious area if you are afraid but I know you'll be happy.

o

Where can I buy turpentine? Is it available in HD, Lowe's or any other hardware stores?
Thanks
Jim

o

Turpentine for general, weekly cleaning? Curious. TSP, maybe, if you're hardcore. You can get either at those places. They're pretty common items. Looks like I learned something new today. :)

o

Turpentine sounds awfully toxic for frequent use. And it's flammable, so be careful!

o

DO NOT use regular turpentine on cabinets or furniture.

USE "SPIRIT of TURPENTINE" also known as "gum turpentine" for cleaning wood furniture and cabinets.

o

Use greased lightning to clean then feed with something like guardsman.

Maid

o

Murphy's Oil Soap is made for wood and does a great job!

o

I have a new house with custom Amish cherry cabinets and woodwork. The cabinet maker who made my cabinets recommended Guardsmen and Method Wood cleaner. He told me never to use any product with silicone or any chemicals on the label that I could not pronounce! The Method Wood Cleaner does a great job taking any dirt or splashes off the wood, and I love its almond scent. I use it on a daily basis when I've cleaning up, then once a week, use Guardsmen for a good polish.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here