Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cigarette burn on outdoor slate porch

Posted by ellendi (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 4, 11 at 10:53

My daughter has been puting out her cigarettes on the slate since she smokes outside. This is the first time that there are burn marks. We usually just sweep up. I don't know what she is doing that is different.
I was just out there scrubbing with steel wool. I used an all purpose cleaner, then I used clorox clean up. They look lighter, but are still there.
Any tips on if I can remove them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cigarette burn on outdoor slate porch

If it was sealed, she probably scorched the sealant. Remove the sealant by the appropriate method and reseal that area.

Get the girl an ashtray and tell her to use it.

o

LOL Thanks lazygardens. Since we are NOT smokers we do not have ashtrays.
I actually scrubbed most of it off with a steel wool pad.
I will watch her more closely from now on. ((It is an awful habit)

o

What kind of smoker doesn't know how to butt a cigarette? :-)

I think they still sell ashtrays in the store. If not a soda can with a little water in the bottom works. Or a empty, metal paint can with a little sand in the bottom.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here