Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Protective chair glides--is there something better than these?

Posted by kaisermust (kaisermust@aol.com) on
Fri, Dec 4, 09 at 10:45

Does anyone know of anything better than those stick-on felt pads you put on your dining room chair legs to protect from scratching your hardwood floor when you get up and down from the table? I tried those nail-on white plastic chairs tips but I found they wore down too quickly and made superficial scratches on our kitchen laminate floor. Have been using those stick-on felt pads but am forever replacing them all too quickly--annoying, tedious, a pain, plus they attract all the loose dust bunny hairs from our four footed family members. There's got to be a better solution, right? Any other products you've used with great success? If so, where to buy, please. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Protective chair glides--is there something better than these

I haven't found anything better than the felt pads. No matter what you put on the bottom you will have dust bunnies. Even the chair without anything will get them on the bottom simply because you are dragging it on the floor.

However all felt pads aren't created equal. I bought a solid pad you cut in my hardware store when we first got our table and they lasted until all the felt was worn away. I bought those disks from the dollar store and they fell off, so the more expensive ones were better.

When you put them on make sure the chair bottoms are very clean and dry to give maximum sticking power.

o
RE: Protective chair glides--is there something better than these

I bought some tap-in felt pads called Safeglides and I love them. They don't slide off like the stick-on kind and are showing no wear after 6 months use.

Here is a link that might be useful: Safeglides

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here