Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nail Polish on Ceramic Tile, Painted Trim

Posted by texanjana (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 18, 07 at 10:03

My daughter dropped a bottle of red (of course) nail polish on the ceramic tile floor in my master bathroom. It shattered, and I got up the polish that I could with polish remover but there is still quite a bit on the tile and the painted trim and door of my linen closet. We will be repainting our house next month, so the painter will take care of the trim and door.

Should I use paint thinner to get the rest of the polish off of the tile? Will it hurt the tile? I know the grout is probably a lost cost. Even though it was sealed, it stained badly. Luckily it doesn't show unless the closet door is opened. Sorry for the long post, and thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nail Polish on Ceramic Tile, Painted Trim

My daughter got BLACK nail polish all over our bathroom. I bought nail polish remover pads and found they worked much better than liquid nail polish. the only thing that still has evidence of the spill is a towel. The polish came off the marble vanity top, ceramic tile floor and formica drawer fronts.

o
Nail polish

Sorry my post isn't too clear. I was talking about these individually-wrapped felt pads soaked in nail polish remover. You'll find them in any drug store or beauty supply store. They worked better than the regular liquid remover. Believe me, when that bottle of black polish shattered, I tried using both products methods to get the marks up. i ended up using about 20 of the pads to get all the polish off my bathroom. The only place I can still see a little shadow is in the grout lines of the ceramic bathroom floor tiles.

o
RE: Nail Polish on Ceramic Tile, Painted Trim

Thanks, I will try those pads. I have used them when traveling and they are really handy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here