Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
both_gw

Is there a chore list planner/organizer book someone can recomend

both
14 years ago

Usualy I am on the garden or house forum but jumped over here to see if someone can recomend a clean your house kind of planner. I do not want one that I get on the computer only. I want a Physical book. Any ideas would be great. Thanks Amy

Trying to make cleaning more organized and fun if there is such a thing. And when I make small check off lists and check them off I feel so accomplished.

Comments (11)

• jannie
    14 years ago

My late MIL had torn a list of several-maybe four pages- from a magazine (maybe Good Housekeeping?) listing what chores to do daily,weekly,monthly,seasonally. It was an actual physical list. After her death,I think it got thrown out (not by me). I would have loved to have had that list. She was a marvellous housekeeper. Her house was immaculate all the time.

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    14 years ago

I work, so I developed some quarterly cleaning routines for myself. It has certainly helped. Of course, these are in addition to the daily/weekly details of keeping a house clean.

If you would Like, I can try to figure out how to post Word documents to this forum.

• pugwinkle
    14 years ago

Walnutcreek! That would great if you could figure out how to attach a word document. I'd be very interested in seeing the routine you have come up with.

• both
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Walnutcreek, That would be great. I get so frustrated how easily I get behind with the house. We have a new tenent that moved into the house we rent and she moved in this last Friday Saturday with five kids ages 7 to 17 and the house is already put together and is so clean and organized that it looks like a show house. I am stunned!!! I have always struggled with getting organized in the house and never tought my kids to clean up after themselves moment by moment. Instead we wait until someone is comming and do a huge clean and then act like it is always this way. When ever I meet someone who can keep a house clean and a life I try and get tips from them and their routine. I thought there would be a book to help those that have not mastered this art.

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    14 years ago

I have people coming over shortly, but am off work next week, so will try to get this information to you.

• piasano
    14 years ago

Both, have you tried www.flylady.com? It is a free site devoted to helping us all get organized.

• Pat z6 MI
    14 years ago

Flylady.com is WONDERFUL!!!!!

• donnawb
    14 years ago

On flylady you can print off the info that you want and put it in a journal.

• bobanda
    14 years ago

No offense, but FlyLady drives me bonkers. I want to de-clutter my life and the website is so cluttered I cannot stand to look at it! I used Mrs. Meyers Clean Home. I checked it out from the public library and took two weeks to go through it and see what worked for me. I have developed a list from a combo of the lists she provides in the book which really works for me. I have daily, weekly and monthly chores on a list which I print out each week. Each day, I complete the daily chores plus one monthly chore and things are much more manageable. The best thing is you are not overwhelmed because when it is Laundry Day and you are finished the laundry, you can enjoy the time you have and say I will worry about dusting the living room on Living Room Day.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mrs Meyers Clean Home Book

• bryansda
    14 years ago

You might want to check out the book Sidetracked Home Executives by Pam Young and Peggy Jones. I find it much easier to use and more helpful than the Flylady. A number of years ago I used it and had a wonderful house, but need to get it out again and work on this house. It's an easy system they have come up with that really, really works.

• drybean
    14 years ago

I have a book called Home Comforts that I have been using. She lists out chores that should be done daily, weekly, quarterly, seasonally, annually, etc.

The book is a wealth of information and I love it. It is like my home "Joy of Cooking" all purpose reference book.

Here is a link that might be useful: Amazon Link to Book

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths