Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
artemis814pa

Ruined new glad stop stove top

artemis814pa
10 years ago

GLASS TOP stove, not glad. Can't edit post name.
New{{gwi:807}} stove. Looks like tenants ruined it under 7 months. Anything I can do here to clean{{gwi:807}} it? I've never seen such damage. :(

This post was edited by artemis814pa on Sat, Dec 21, 13 at 9:17

Comments (6)

• emma
    10 years ago

I can't even tell what kind of top it has on it, but I think it's beyond repair. Put in a cheap electric stove, elec, it will prevent that build up of sticky stuff on the cabinets which you will have to clean and it's safer. I was a landlord for 20 plus years and quite frankly I enjoyed it, but not in the situation you are in right now. In situations like that, I took them to small claims court, never got any money but I did ruin their credit for 10 years.

Here are some guide lines to being a landlord. Never take cash, always a check for the deposit and first months rent. Cash is a sign they cannot control their spending. The exception to that is if it is in a slum area. Usually any one who lives in a slum area will not have a checking account. Get at least half a month's rent for a deposit. No pets and do drive byes to check on the condition of the outside and lawn. Collect the rent in person so you can see the inside. Rentals for the ordinary person is the best way to really build a savings for your retirement and to a nicer home. Some people can't handle the work and mess you are faced with now.

• graywings123
    10 years ago

You have a cleaning job in front of you, that's for sure. Here is an old thread on cleaning glass top stoves.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cleaning glass top stoves

• christine1950
    10 years ago

emma gave you great advice. Your lucky they didnt burn the place down from the sight of that burn mark on the wall.
    Good luck with the stove top, what a disaster they made.

• arkansas girl
    10 years ago

I can't even figure out what is on the top of the stove but it looks like the stove has been to hell and back for about 10 years! Are you sure that is a new stove and they didn't take the new stove and haul in some old piece of junk stove? It looks like they scrubbed the burner area with an SOS pad. If the top is cleanable and just to all scrubbed off, then Bar Keeper's Friend is supposed to be used.

• maid_o_cliff
    10 years ago

Use a single edge razor blade scraper, will not harm stovetop. Remove all debris you can then use a light abrasive and scrub the carp out of it, rinse several times. Then use ceramic top stove cleaner a couple of times dry and buff.

Red

• lam702
    10 years ago

Emma R, I hear you! As a landlord, I have had a few tenants that trashed our place unbelievably. One threw eggs all over the kitchen walls when he had a fight with his wife. Another left about 30 bags of reeking, leaking, stinky garbage in the basement, and apparently had pets which they never let outside, so there was urine and waste all over the floors. Another one actually moved out and left their dog in the house, with no food or water . This is why we finally sold our rental, too hard to find decent people. I think that stove is beyond cleaning, unfortunately. It is not easy cleaning a glass cooktop when there is just a little burned on mess, that one looks like its too far gone. Of course, you can always try if you don't mind the work scrubbing it, you have nothing to lose but your time. Good luck..

Sponsored
Cumberland Custom Homes
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Green Residential Builder & Renovator