Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pull-out trash can system recommendations?

Posted by Madeline616 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 6, 11 at 7:21

Posting here as well as kitchens...Remodeling kitchen and replacing my stinky under-the-sink trash can cabinet with a pull-out trash system in another location. Despite every sanitizing and deodorizing trick in the book, the wood in the under sink cabinet absorbed trash odors and I was never able to remedy it.

I'm looking at this Rev-A--Shelf system, link below, and like the fact that the cans are metal and they have tops.

My contractor wants to build me one himself, with a rubber gasket and linoleum liner. He's afraid of things drip into the rev-a-shelf tracks/space between door and door mount hardware, it'll be impossible to clean.

Anyone with good or bad pull out trash can systems or experiences? Anyone used this or another Rev-A-Shelf? Any recs/advice appreciated. I don't need 2 cans, but would prefer it.

http://www.rev-a-shelf.com/p-263-double-bottom-mount-covered-stainless-steel-waste-containers.aspx

Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pull-out trash can system recommendations?

Here is a clickable link to the Rev-A-Shelf.

I wonder how tight the covered lid is on the Rev-A-Shelf. It covers two pails and don't see how it can cover them well enough to keep odors in. Personally I prefer a garbage can sitting out and away from my cabinets, making them more easily accessible.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rev-A-Shelf

o

Hey Gray,

Yes, I wondered about the lid, too--although I think there are 2 black plastic lids, one in front and one in back, and I think--but not sure--they automatically some off when you pull out the cans, so yes, maybe not that tight-fitting.

I'd love to have a stand-alone can. No room, though, unless it would sit practically in my living room :-0

o

Hey guys, I built a simple pull out system for less than $20 using purchased drawer guides and left over lumber. See my YouTube video:

Here is a link that might be useful: Trash Can Pullout Cabinet for less than $20.00

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here