Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you recommend a spot steam carpet cleaner?

Posted by hostagrams (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 9, 08 at 23:33

We'll be getting a new puppy after moving into our new house. Yeah, I know, dumb . . . but our beloved Golden Retriever died last Christmas and there's no way I can train a new puppy in an apartment!

We've been told to get one of the spot steam cleaners -- like the Bissell Spot Bot. Do any of you have one -- and an you recommend a brand or model for us?

Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you recommend a spot steam carpet cleaner?

I have a friend who has a Spot Bot and she loves it.

If you crate the dog and work at house training him, you will only need the Spot Bot for the muddy footprints and occasional throw-ups.

My husband is a master at house training dogs - with two goldens raised from pups, I can count on one hand the number of accidents in the house.

o

When our pug was a puppy he had his share of *accidents* I used the Bissle little mean green machine. He's totally house broken now, but the Bissle is still handy for upholstery and car interior cleaning.

o

I second the bissle little green machine. I love mine.
Judy

o

Couldn't have a pet without my spot bot. Be sure and use the chemicals made for it and not the larger machines. The larger machines chemicals are thicker and could clog your spot bot.

I tried to make my own Oxiclean solution to try and save money. Not good...not good at all. Went right back to the pre-made stuff.

Definately worth the money all the way around.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here