Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rope pulls on honeycomb shades

Posted by ysop1016 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 07 at 17:56

How do you clean these. They are in the kitchen and the honeycomb shades are clean but the ropes look yellowish.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rope pulls on honeycomb shades

I have never done it, but if I had to, I would put Oxyclean and hot water in an empty mayonnaise jar, then set the jar on the top step of a ladder and put the pull strings in the jar and let them soak for an hour or so. Then I would rinse them the same way - clean water in a jar.

o
RE: rope pulls on honeycomb shades

Great advice, but if your ropes are dirty, your blinds are probably too. You may want to take them down and put them in the tub with the oxy cleaner. If there's grease on them, use an oxy/enzyme cleaner. That's how I do it.

They might also be yellow from the sun. UV sun damage might not come out with any cleaner. I had some in an rv that I couldn't whiten after that.

If you need new blinds, go to jcpenney.com because it's the lowest price on blinds I've ever seen!
My husband is a contractor and builds homes. We have to buy window coverings that are nice (because they're pricey homes) but don't soak up all our budget.

Good luck!
JoAnn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here