Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mboston_gw

Bought a new vacuum today.

mboston_gw
15 years ago

DH and I went to Sears again today and looked at the Intuition Canister and the Progressive Upright with direct drive. I decided to give the upright a try and got the one with the bag as I really think the Hepa Bag is a good idea to filter out the fine dust. I know the bagless ones have the filter but the bag one actually has the extra with the bag. Plus I don't think I really want to have to empty the thing each time I use it.

Anyway, spent the afternoon cleaning the house and vacuumed everything with it. I do like the flexible hose - it is easy to use, stretches a long ways and DOES NOT tip the vacuum over when you are using it. The wands are long too but I would like one that is harder, less flex to it. But it worked well and wasn't hard to change pieces.

On the carpet, I was surprised the vacuum was a little more difficult to push than when I tried it at the store. I know my carpet is thicker than what the store had for us to try it out on. The direct drive is supposed to make it easier. Maybe I need to raise the height to the highest setting. Will try next time.I don't think the lights to show when you need to vacuum more is really that great - showed my carpet wasn't dirty in areas I hadn't run over yet. But then in areas I am sure there isn't as much dirt as in the traffic areas.

When I finished, I checked the bag . There seemed to be alot of weight at the bottom as though alot of sand/dirt had been picked up. So will give it another try this weekend. I told the gal who helped us that if I didn't like it, I would be bringing it back and will then probably get the canister.

Don't think I want to try other brands. Its either the one I have or the canister.

Anyone else have the Progressive Upright, with bag and direct drive?

Comments (2)