Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleaning my Cuisinart Griddler

Posted by sorriso (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 10, 07 at 16:55

I love, love, love my Griddler. But I absolutely hate the mess I have under the coils. I've tried using my Mr. Clean sponge and letting vinegar sit on it but neither method worked. A lobster pick removed the baked-on gunk but scratched the surface.

Suggestions?

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cleaning my Cuisinart Griddler

I have a Griddler and have used it many times. I've never had anything seep under the plates and onto or near the coils. How is the "mess" getting to the coils?

o

Thanks sowngrow for your response.

I guess it overflows although I've been diligent in the use of the drainage cups.

o

Perhaps you're using yours for cooking things I haven't used mine for as I've used mine mainly for making panini sandwiches and quesadillas. The only thing I've found to remove grease from metal is a Brillo pad, but I don't know if that would hurt the coils ultimately. Sorry, I'm not much help on this...

o

I was just googling and came upon this response..am wondering if anyone figured it out..actually calling Cuisinart now about it...I love my griddler and want it to be nice and clean!

o

One reason I chose a Foreman grill was that it did not have coils behind it to catch dirt and grease. Greasy air flows out from the griddle and over the coils and dirties them. Review sites say that if you use it for bacon the grease overflows onto the coils as the sides are not very high to contain it and let if flow into the drip cup.

The coils are steel, not aluminum right? I've used oven cleaner to clean the metal parts on the outside of my waffle maker and this trick might work for the coils. Just spritz the coils. Let sit. And rinse.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here