Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cleaning splatters on gas cooktop

Posted by nanced (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 8, 08 at 15:47

Help!! I have just started using my first-ever gas stove. I cooked sausages and then spent 1/2 hour cleaning!The heavy cast iron grates had to be removed and the whole stovetop had to be degreased. Is there such a thing as a splatter protector for the rest of the stovetop when I'm cooking something messy? I'm hoping I haven't made a mistake going to gas from electric. This clean-up issue is huge to me. Any suggestons?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cleaning splatters on gas cooktop

They do sell lids to catch the splatter. They are universal lids (to fit all sizes) and are made of a mesh that will let the steam escape but catch the splatters.

They also sell little pie pan type lids to fit over the other burners you are not using.

Buy a degreaser like Greased Lightning to clean up grease splatters.

o

Also if I am making a big messy production ofs omething like fried food for the masses or a big batch ofsjelly, I will cover some of the cooktop with foil.
If you clean up your grease spatters righta way they wont' become hardened....and any of the degreaser sprays works very well.
Linda C

o

thanks for that. I'm sort of wondering how to keep the other 3 burners and the cast iron grates from getting totally grease covered if I don't get the splatter screen on in time. (the family isn't always as careful)My old electric stove was much easier to keep clean on a daily basis. Maybe this is just one of those cases where I need to take time to get used to something new

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here