Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Corian Sink

Posted by woodie2 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 9, 04 at 15:43

I'll be getting a new counter and sink this week. I'm so used to using Fantastic With Bleach to clean and sanitize my old sink, especially after cleaning raw chicken. Do you know if I can use it on Corian?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Corian Sink

Corian is solid surface.I believe you can.

o

I'd ask the manufacturer. Just to be safe.

o

Thanks very much, Shaun and Cupajoe!

o

Woodie2, will you let us know what you find out?

o

I wrote to Corian/DuPont and asked them - I know that they promote using a bleach-water (1/2-1/2) solution so I asked them about Fanstastik with Bleach and I got a reply in a matter of minutes! Thanks Corian!

............Fantastic with bleach will not harm your Corian(r) surface and may be used
to disinfect your countertop.

Thank you for visiting our Corian(r) web site.

Sharon Weiss
Corian(r) Customer Information Center

o

Great! Thanks for the info.

o

I have Avonite, which is the same as Corian, and I use Soft Scrub with Bleach which works miraculously. Approved by the maker, too. Go for it.

o

Thank you Rider.

o

I had Corian countertops with a matte finish for eight years and LOVED THEM! (Boohoo I miss them today!)

They can take a beating and come out looking beautiful. I used straight Comet on them with a scrunge and even got out Sharpie pen that my then three year old decorated it with..@@ Just need a good rinsing and viola! Perfect counters. I never hesitated to use any normal cleaning product on them.

However,they were WHITE and matte. I have no experience with sinks or a different color/finish.

We've moved and now in this house, it has formica that I hate iwth a passion. As soon as we can get it together, I'm ripping it and going back to Corian. I wouldn't put anything else in a house with small kids and a sloppy Dh. If I had my druthers, the bathrooms would be Corain too.

o

smom40, I was fantasizing about an entirely-Corian kitchen. Cabinets, countertop, floor, all of it. (maybe a pebbled finish on the floors; wouldn't want to slide around)

I have white Corian, and love it. A little bit of any bleach-containing thing, and the sink cleans RIGHT up. Most times I don't need the bleach on the countertop itself.

o

LOL

Can I do my ENTIRE house in the stuff?
:D

o

hey, it comes in sheets, can be molded in any shape you want, as long as you're willing to pay!

Then you could clean by just hosing it all off!

o

LOL!

An ENTIRE HOUSE made of Corian! With drains...A hose...Heaven! :D

o

I just put in Corian counters, Satin finish. I found this PDF put out by DuPont on the care of Corian.
www2.dupont.com/Corian/en_GB/assets/downloads/pdfs/technical/eng_usecare_dupont_corian.pdf

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here