Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dog prints that won't come off wood floor

Posted by tpmill (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 24, 13 at 14:51

I have nice wood floors that are very dark and about 2 years old. The problem that I have is that our dog leaves foot prints on them that won't come off no matter what I try. I have used bona floor cleaner and polish, vinegar, Windex among other things! It looks horrible and I am very frustrated! Help!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dog prints that won't come off wood floor

To me the picture looks like the dog's nails have scratched the finish on the wood floor rather than leaving prints (I think of paw prints).

If it is scratches, there are products on the market that will soften the finish and buffing will move the color around and cover the scratches. Forgot what it is called.

Using a runner in the dog paths would help save the wood floor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here