Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paper towel holder recommendations?

Posted by annova914 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 4, 09 at 14:46

I was at Bed Bath and Beyond today, looking at three different types of paper towel holders (the kind that sit on the counter). Two of them had an "arm" that rests against the paper towels and according to the directions, you're supposed to be able to rip off a paper towel w/o any unraveling of the roll. Does anyone have something like this that they highly recommend? I've always had the kind that sit under a cabinet but since we just redid our kitchen, I'd like to try something different. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paper towel holder recommendations?

When we remodelled our kitchen a few years ago, we had an apron and lights put under the counter. No paoer towel holder or anything else could be mounted under the counter.

We bought a free standing one that sits on the counter near the stove. It has a spindle beside the roll that keeps the end near the roll. It works well there. The ease of ripping it off depends on the towels not the holder, but I find it is just as easy as the undercounter holder.

o

Got my towel holder! I went back to BB&B today and asked a clerk to demonstrate how two of these towel roll holders work. I forgot to save the name of the holder I bought, but the price was $19.99. It has prongs (hard to describe them) going up the center pole with a stainless steel knob that you unscrew at the top (to place the roll on the pole). You slide the towel roll down over the prongs. It sits on a 7" stainless steel base. When you tear off a sheet it makes a funny noise but I don't care. Just one sheet comes off and it doesn't topple over. (the one with the "arm" that rests against the roll toppled over when I tried to tear off a sheet).

o

Is it this one (link below)? I've been looking for a new one as well and the ones with the arm bother me (just look kinda funny), and so many other claim that they work too. And they're all so dang expensive - gotta love those BB&B coupons!! I'd love to see (or read about) other recommendations anyone else might have!

Here is a link that might be useful: Perfect Tear

o

That's it! I guess what makes it steady are those prongs that brace the inside of the paper towel roll. I love it and wish I'd bought one years ago (it's so worth the price...no more 5 sheets trailing after me as I try to tear just one sheet off the roll). I used my 15% off coupon...love those coupons :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here