Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Galaxie Central Vacuum

Posted by YuliaO (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 27, 13 at 14:14

I just got a quote from the installers and the price is very nice :)
They are using galaxie system. I can't seem to find any reviews. Does anybody here has galaxie?

thats what they want to install�we have 3 floors +basement, 3600 sq ft�would that be enough? thanks!

GA80 POWER UNIT
TURBOPAK 30' GRAY/INDIGO
INLET VALVE PLASTIC WHITE 6
VACPAN WHITE (OPTIONAL UPGRADE) 1

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Galaxie Central Vacuum

I am assuming you are talking about 6 outlets. What you need to do is take the actual hose and place it where they plan on putting the inlet valve. That will determine if 2 a floor is enough. Then see if you can reach all the areas of the floor and ceiling. I have 2 in the garage, just because I have one in the front of the garage so that I can vacuum cars while they sit on the driveway. The vac pans are nice, but they now make a vroom, hide a hose and spot(vac u flo accessory) which you might want to check out.

I have never heard of the galaxie so have no comment on whether it's good or bad. I love my vac u flo. If I ever move that is one of the first things I would install.

o
RE: Galaxie Central Vacuum

Thank you! good idea, i'll try to see whether i can vacuum the whole house with those outlets…

Unfortunately, hide-a-hose requires opening up the walls, he said it's best to install during construction, so we are stuck with hoses :(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here