Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with new laminate floor

Posted by ebear1271 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 4, 09 at 11:35

We are going to be replacing our 12 year old laminate kitchen floor. I would like to stick with laminate because of the durability. We have pets and kids so real wood would not work. Thought about tile but afraid it would be too cold and don't want to deal with grout. Anyway, my only complaint with laminate is the cleaning. I have to wash the floor and then wipe it dry or it gets water spots and streaks. If you don't have this same problem, what brand of laminate do you have? We currently have Pergo, and as I said it's already 12 years old. Hoping that laminate has changed since then.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with new laminate floor

Use a microfiber mop on laminate. That will take care of the problem that you are having. You can immediately dry a laminate floor if you use a microfiber mop. It's all quite easy and it works much better than a sponge or string mop.

o

My laminate had a multi-color, kind of swirly stone look to it. Water spots didn't show, except at certain angles.

o

Using a steam mop rather than a mop and water will take care of the problem.

o

k9arlene, I did try a couple of steam mops and they left a residue on the floor. What kind do you have?

o

Not sure what brand laminate I have but purchased it in Lowe's. I was told it was the next best thing to Pergo (price wise). I've never had a problem with it. I use a swiffer to get the dust and just go over it with a damp washcloth (water only) attached to the swiffer mop. Can't say I've had one problem with it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here