Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How 2 get ground in tootsie roll out of rug?

Posted by laxsupermom (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 1, 09 at 9:25

I'm pretty sure it's tootsie roll, anyway. I tried scraping up as much as I could and now I have no idea what to do next. TIA for any words of wisdom.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How 2 get ground in tootsie roll out of rug?

Let's hope its tootsie rolls . . .

Call the Tootsie Roll company and ask what they recommend. Tootsie Rolls have a waxy texture and something other than carpet cleaner may work better than my go-to product, Spot Shot.

o

My guess is that Tootsie Rolls have sugar and chocolate in them, so you'll need lots of water to get it out. Soapy water, warm water with a good squirt of dish detergent should work. good luck.

o

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll try just the warm soapy water first, then call the company.

o

Back when the children were little and got chewing gum in their hair my wife used peanut butter to remove it. It worked very well. Do you think that might work for a Tootsie Roll in carpet. Just a thought. Good luck. Gene

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here