Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drhorticulture_

How do you clean bathroom floors?

DrHorticulture_
17 years ago

This may sound really stupid but how do you do it? I dry vacuum and then wet vacuum but this is pretty time consuming.

Comments (7)

• krissie55
    17 years ago

What type floor covering do you have on the bathroom floors?

• quiltglo
    17 years ago

Yep, that would be too much for me. Here's my scientific way. Wet down a paper towel or cleaning rag, drop on the floor and move around with the right foot. May take more than one paper towel. LOL Really, I just wipe the thing down. If I'm really in the mood, I'll use my mop. I have chenille covers for my mop, so they just go right in the washing machine. If you use a damp rag, it will grab up the hair. I just do it quickly, a couple of times a week so there isn't any build-up.

Gloria

• krustytopp
    17 years ago

My bathroom floor is tile. After the morning showers I use my foot to wipe a rag around; in the evening I sweep. Once a week I use detergent and a scrub brush and get down on my hands and knees and scrub properly. Every few months I use Oxy Clean and a toothbrush to scrub the grout. I imagine these methods would not kill enough germs for some people.

• bud_wi
    17 years ago

I use a Hoover Floormate #800. I love this thing and it was worth the high price.

A friend had one and raved about it and she let me use hers twice. I was hooked.

Easy to operate - it's just like vacuuming.

It vacuums up dust and hair and crumbs, sprays a disinfecting cleaning solution down, then spinning bristles scrub the floor spotless, then it squeegeys and sucks up all the water leaving your floors practically dry. All in one sweep! It leaves a pleasant scent too, not "disinfectant smelling and not all 'flower-y' either.

There is a special attachment and special bristles for doing grout and special grout cleaner to use if you wish. The #800 model has two hose attachments for tight spaces and corners.

Floormate can be used in kitchens and on wood or laminate floors all over the house.

This is not an advertisement. I just love my Floormate and wanted to share. If you go to those consumer ratings sites like Epinions or Amazon you will see that with Floormate people either LOVE the thing or they hate the thing. There does not seem to be any 'in between' ratings.

If my bathroom floor does not really need a cleaning and just has daily dust and hair I run a Swiffer over it. You can save money by just using a square of paper towel that has been sprayed with either plain water or some disinfectant spray cleaner. It will still pick up dust and hair.

• anwilliford
    17 years ago

I vacuum up hair and dirt first--then mop with a vinegar,alcohol, and water solution in a spray bottle. Cuts through the grime, super cheap too. Smell fades when floor is dry.

• groomingal
    17 years ago

floormate scrubber daily and once a week scrub by hand to get the edges real well. I dont have the 800 floormate like bud wi (im jealous too :) I have 3 bathrooms but it doesnt take long at all.

• genmorr
    17 years ago

I have two tiny bathrooms. Once a week, I dry vacuum then scrub by hand. I'd get a floormate to do it, but I have a feeling that because of the tiny size of the rooms I'd be cleaning by hand no matter what so it would be a waste of money. I use a multi-floor cleaner to do the floor that doesn't need to rinse. Both floors have vinyl tiles on the floor.