Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
microfiber dusting

Posted by laila_2009 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 29, 10 at 0:55

I have a delemma. When I dust, I like to rinse the duster. This does not seem to work well with microfiber duster. Does everyone rinse after all work is done? That would feel like spreading the dust around.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: microfiber dusting

Microfibre can be machine washed very satisfactorily. . But don't wash with other fabrics/materials. And don't use any fabric softener in the wash or dryer. good luck.

o
RE: microfiber dusting

This is so funny .... I just finished dusting my LR and FR with my microfiber cloths. I use 2 cloths, one just dampened with plain water and a dry one. I wipe my furniture down well with the damp one and then dry it thoroughly before I replace my lamps and stuff. If I feel the cloth gets too dirty, I just rinse it in the sink.

I try to wash a load of microfibers by themselves, but many times they end up in the regular wash. I DO make sure they don't go in the dryer with other stuff -- I either fold them over hangers to dry or just toss them in by themselves. They dry in a jiffy.

It is so nice to feel like I'm removing the dust rather than just rearranging or even polishing the dust onto the table.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here