Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stick vac recommendations for daily pet hair sweeps

Posted by joshct (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 24, 10 at 0:03

I have two corgis who seem to fill a room with hair in just minutes. They spend most of their time inside in the kitchen. I have a wonderful vintage Electrolux tank I use for everything else, but was thinking a little stick vacuum in my pantry for a once or twice daily sweep up would work well. I find the broom less than effective.

Any recommendations, or other suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stick vac recommendations for daily pet hair sweeps

I recall this question appearing before. Don't know your price range -- Swiffer launched one recently and more high-end vacuum makers have them too. Here's the first two links I found.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/cleaning/msg1119111411346.html

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/cleaning/msg101056441784.html

o

I LOVE my Bissell Stick Vacs (yes, I have more than one). They are amazingly strong little sucker uppers :) $20 at Walmart. It's the Featherweight one. They have another one that's $15 but I've never used it and it doesn't get as good ratings.
Monica

o

My first choice for a good stick vac, for homes with animal hair would be the Bissell Versus. It is very powerful and uses a simple and efficient dirt collection system. You are not going to have to do alot of heavy filter cleaning, that you would find on the really small "toy vacuums" like the Bissell Featherweight stick vac. On the Featherweight, and similar, you have hair and dirt, that stick to the filter.

The Bissell Versus may be too much for only kitchen use. It is much better for homes with quite a bit of flooring.

Take a look at the Bissell PowerEdge stick vac. It will be smaller, but still have a better dirt collection system. It also uses a "V" Shape design that does work, but has a learning curve. It takes some time to get accustomed to the different shape of the floor nozzle.

o

Thanks for the responses. I have been using the electrolux but will buy one of these bissel vacuums.

Josh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here