Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
clean pillar and 3 wick candles

Posted by norwega (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 25, 09 at 22:00

I have some Partylight candles that I love, as they burn evenly as the was liquifies when hot. Problem is, I don't burn them very often, and so they get dusty, and I haven't always cleaned the dust off prior to burning them again, so the top wax is greyish on a 6" 3 wick beige candle. Is there any way to clean the liquified wax so it's not greyish anymore?
tia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: clean pillar and 3 wick candles

I suspect that dust is not the cause, but rather the wax color changed because that area liquefied and then became solid again.

o

Use a sharp knife or razor blade and cut off the ugly part of the wax.

o

This may not help you but I thought I would pass this tip along. It you are using dark colored candles, buff the white or grey off with old, clean pantyhose, that you would just throw out. They buff out and look like new. Just don't apply too much pressure. Some of these are seasonal and I just use them around the holidays and they look brand new and are 10 years old or better. I just thought someone would find this usefull.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here