Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calpat_gw

Opinions on Glass Top Cooking Ranges

calpat
18 years ago

Are they as easy to clean as advertised?

Do you need special cleaners?

Do you need special type cooking pots, fry pans, etc.?

Just all the pros and cons before I buy?

Comments (79)

• susanb_TX
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I must be confused but you guys talk as if glass tops and gas are mutually exclusive. I have a black glass top which is also gas. So the burners are not flat and the top doesn't get hot. Am I missing something? The OP didn't say anything about electric.

• marys1000
    18 years ago

I went from a regular coil electric where the little pan things were always gross to - Oh finally, gas, had a line installed special. Hated cleaning it. Heavy grills, long pans, little ignition buttom toppers - yow! Always had spaghetti splatters on everything. I suppose you could put it all in the dishwasher every night but that's not me.
    Gave that to my mother:) Got a glass top. Ok so I'm lazy. A black top looks decent even if you aren't a clean freak. Sure you let things burn on multiple times its a little harder to clean. Whatever. Moved and built a house - got a glass top. Unfortunatly though they are going to white glass which I don't think I'd like because it defeats the looks ok when not maintained meticulously look you get with the black top. I do have le Cruset cookware so my bottoms are flat, no issues there. The temp can be hard to regulate but I noticed on my gas that there would be boiling soup/liquid in a ring where the gas flame hit the pot so gas isn't perfect either. You don't need to use the special clean all the time unless your that type. So its cost isn't really a big issue.
    Mary

• shamaness
    17 years ago

I had a glass top range for over 10 years back when almost no one else did, thus got constant "oohs" and "aahhs" over how "glamorous" it looked. That was its only redeeming feature in my opinion because cleaning it was a NIGHTMARE, I simply cannot understand how others are claiming they are easy to clean and I didn't ever let spills build up on it, cleaned it after each and every use with special cleaner but still had to scrub and scrape to exhaustion because anything that spattered would cook right into the finish and you couldn't clean it until it cooled down. Unlike those who claim they don't mind the elbow grease required, I have 4 kids and a lot better uses for my time after dinner. Like others have said, you can't clean glass top ranges until they cool down so that means having to wait around quite awhile thus delaying the chore of finishing nightly cleanup. Additionally, my white cooktop eventually discolored despite endless cleaning with the special cleanser. The cooktop took so much elbow grease to clean that male dinner guests would often volunteer to jump in and clean it for me when they saw how much effort it required. I now have an electric range with solid sealed burners (no coils) that nothing can run into and cleaning it is a total breeze, it is absolutely the easiest cooktop in the world to clean (have had gas too), no scrubbing whatsoever required and it always looks perfect and cooks great too. I personally would NEVER have a glasstop again, no matter how sleek and glamorous they can look. Appearances can definitely be deceiving!

• lobotome
    17 years ago

Shamaness, where oh where did you get your solid sealed burner electric? That was my first choice when it came to choosing a stove but alas, I couldn't find it anywhere? What make is yours?

I replaced a coil burner type when it died on my years ago with a solid burner. We bought it used and I ADORED the ease of clean. Yes, it is slow to get started and slow to warm down but it was easy to get used to as well as very very easy to clean (no drip pans and rings to deal with). Unfortunately, we moved from that house and had to leave it behind and have never found one again :(

With my new kitchen I chose a glass top because I despise nooks and crannies (drip pans/rings). I STILL think it will be easier to keep clean than regular electrics. It's also a slide-in which keeps the side drips at bay.

Please tell me more about your solid burner!

• bennouk
    17 years ago

We have just moved into a new home with one of these and getting used to it after having used gas previously...What type of blade can be used to clean excess off without scratching the surface and where do we get the special cleaner from?

• calpat
    Original Author
    17 years ago

It's been several months now since I posted this thread & have learned a lot of stuff about my glass top range. I was advised to let the cook-top cool down, then apply the cleaning agent & let it sit for a while or overnight. Next morning I use a wet paper towel and everything cleans up really good. It took a while to get use to cooking on it, but then I finally got the hang of things & I really like it. Did find out that the cooking utensils are an important factor too. The pans must sit straight, no round bottoms, no grooves in bottoms, they tend to collect steam & crud that you can hardly see and this will burn off on the glass. I also keep a packet of single blade razors in a close-by drawer for scraping the stubborn spots.

• willsgram
    17 years ago

I love my black glass top...didn't at first, but have come up with an easy cleaning routine. Usually, just need to wipe with soapy dishcloth and polish with miracle fiber cloth (no streaks or smears). If there's burned on food, I wipe with soapy dishcloth, sprinkle on some Bar-Keepers Friend, scrub and rinse with wet dish cloth and polish with miracle cloth. If the top is especially cruddy, I'll let the Bar Keepers Friend set until it dries, then wipe and polish. I sometimes use the cream that came with the stove, but find the Bar-Keepers Friend does a better job.

• xine
    17 years ago

We've had our black GE glass top electric range for almost 3 years now and I've loved every minute of it.

It looks really sleek and modern. It has a "bridge burner" that connects the front and back burners on the left side to make one big burner for griddles or larger roasting-type pans. It also has a "warming area" between the two back burners where you can put things that need to stay warm but not hot while you are finishing up other dishes.

I've NEVER used a razor (never even occured to me -- I guess I figured that I would scratch the top) to clean it. I think we used the small bottle of "ceramic cooktop cleaner" that came with the range for almost 2 years before we bought more. It takes about 1/2 a teaspoon to clean the entire top. I bought a replacement bottle at Home Depot, in the appliance department, last year and it was under $6 for a big bottle (10 oz?). I saw that the grocery store carries two different brands of cooktop cleaner in the cleaner aisle now, too.

I usually just wipe it down with a little 409 first to get the major gunk off, then I use glass cleaner (I use the foam Zep brand) to shine it. I use the soft scrub type cleaner about once a week.

I set hot pans on it occasionally, but I have granite counters so I use those more often as a resting place for hot pots.

I would love to get the kind of range that responds to certain metals and is cold to the human touch (induction??) -- I guess because I'm pregnant with my first child and am starting to think about kid-proofing the house-- LOL!

I would buy my range again in a heartbeat!

• jleek
    17 years ago

I have a Maytag glass topped stove, about ten years now. I cook for one. Have to say for a long time I despised my glass top as I was one of those that never could get the "burnt" marks off, and finally resolved to just using the same two burners. You name it I tried it (except for razor blades). Lately have been using my Miracle cloths from solutions-and I don't even bother for everything to cool down. No more problems and for the one burnt mark left I used the Mr. Easer.

Now, have to tell you, I am one for using plain ol household products. Never do I run for the newest cleaning product out there when I can always use alcohol, ammonia and/or baking soda--that goes for indoors and out!

My daughter was inspired by Mr. Eraser and on a recent visit brought a package to my house. I ran into Solutions.com over on cleaning tips and after reading all the good comments about mircale cloths I ordered for me and ordered for friends that have been moving. I think they are great--from the kitchen, by way of the bath, down to the car. So for those that do have trouble cleaning your stove with ordinary solvents do as I tried and perhaps you will again be happy.

• whiskeyjack
    17 years ago

I like gas stoves better but the glass tops are far better than the electric coil types.

I find them super easy to clean and gunk can't fall down below the burners.

You can't use rough-surfaced pots and pans - like those bubbly/blue camp pots. If your pots are warped at all they will not heat evenly. I considered this an excuse to replace my 20 year old set of pots and buy nicer ones.

In all other ways they cook like an electric stove. If you are used to gas you might not like the loss of sensitivity.

• arleneb
    17 years ago

After much consideration, I put a dark gray glasstop in my new house . . . LOVE IT!! I find it easy to clean . . . if something gets on it, I let the burner cool somewhat, then lay a wet dishcloth on it. By the time the burner is cold, whatever was on it usually wipes up, or I use a little of the cleaner or some SoftScrub.

When I take a pot off a hot burner, I move my teakettle onto the burner. Or else I fill the pot with soapy water and set it on the hot burner. By the time it's cool, the pan has soaked clean.

I used to work HARD to get the drip pans under my coil range clean, and after the first year, they always looked bad. I had a gas range for 6 years and loved the cooking, hated the cleaning. My glasstop always looks as if I don't cook on it.

Glad you're liking yours!!

A

• nwroselady
    17 years ago

I read this thread before buying my first glass-topped electric range, a Whirlpool. It has an electronically-controlled self-cleaning oven, my first! It was installed yesterday. I was so intimidated by the prospect of cooking (and cleaning) that I ordered chinese take-out last night! Today I made lasagne, using the cook-top and the oven. It was great! I didn't have any boilovers but after the top cooled off I used a little of the cleaning cream to take off streaks and polished with a microfiber cloth.

• supercat_gardener
    17 years ago

I hate mine. It came with the house and shows no sign of dying yet, though I wish it would so I could justify replacing it. I think how you cook might have a lot to do with whether you like it or not. I do a lot of simmering and there's no way that the burners cool down fast enough to do this without everything sticking. I've learned to remove the pan when I turn down the heat, but what a PITA! It's pretty easy to keep clean, but I care more about quick temp. regulation then how easy it is to clean. Give me gas any day!

• lesliedp
    17 years ago

Dear All,
    My wife and I are on the opposite sides of the decision in having an black electric glass top range installed in our new home. She says, "no", because she has heard that the surface area can easily be scratched by everyday pots and pans. I say (based on my best guess), "yes" we should get it installed and that there will be no surface scratches if one doesn't slide pots and pans across the glass. Tell me, does it make any difference? Does it take extraordinary care in preventing surface scratches or are they a part of its fair wear and tear? I'm smart enough not to disregard my wife's opinion or enthusiasm unless I've got some evidence to support my own. Tell me what you know. Thanks, All.

• marymac
    17 years ago

I too am planning on buying a glass cooktop elec. stove. I am use to gas but have no choice. I have read all the info about them,but unless I overlooked it,I did not see any mention about using cast iron pans on them. I love my castiron skillets and would hate to have to give them up. So can I still use them? They are flat on the bottom,but very heavy.

• nwroselady
    17 years ago

I have a new Whirlpool glasstop (see above). It was an excuse to get a couple of new Calphalon saute pans. Tonight I used a cast-iron skillet to cook steaks, which I seared at high heat, then turned heat way down to finish cooking. Worked great and didn't mar the finish. I wouldn't slide the skillet back and forth like we used to do for cooking popcorn, though.

• opal52
    17 years ago

We love our glasstop, purchased two years ago. I donated all but one (which I use in oven only) of our cast iron skillets to charity after we bought it. GE provided clear information that cast iron skillets on the glass surface could result in damage. We use Tools of the Trade and Calphalon cookware, both of which I think would be considered everyday pots and pans. No damage so far. The stovetop is very easy to clean.

• marymac
    17 years ago

Thanks for the input...this is a great forum..I think I will keep my castiron. marymac;

• maddielee
    17 years ago

I have a white glass top and love it. Have had it for about 3 years, it's easy to clean and has no scratches.
    My kitchen is open to the rest of the house and it's nice having a clean cooktop at all times.

ML

• lobotome
    17 years ago

I was away for 2 weeks and left the house with a 20 yr old and a 19 yr old to hold down the fort. You can imagine that my glass top stove had not been cleaned very well. There was burnt on milk (they were making sidekicks) that had boiled over and left a big ring. My brother decided to try to wipe it with a wet cloth while the ring was still hot. It's a good thing my son told him to stop or we might have had a fire.

Anyway, there was burnt on milk mixed with seasoning, burnt on fabric and to boot, they never actually stopped using that circle after that day so there was a lot of extra stuck on stuff on that ring.

When I got back, I told them both off and used the glasstop cleaner on it and a flat razorblade on the whole mess. I had to scrub 2 or 3 times but it came out beautiful and as good as new. Now, with my electric stove I would have had to clean nooks and crannies and my fingers would have been cramped up for a week. In the end the stove would not have looked as good as this either. It's much easier to clean a flat surface than it is drip pans and rings or grates.

I'm never going back!

• karenmamo
    17 years ago

New here.
    I have had the same ceramic top range for 30 years. I have always used the correct stove top cleaner and it still sparkles.
    It is a Signature from either Sears or Wards.
    karen

• gladeslvr
    17 years ago

I've had my glass top for about 2 years now and I love it! The only thing I don't like is that I can no longer use my cast iron skillets. :( Cleaning is easy. I use 409 daily and the special polishing cleaner once a week. Never had weird heating problems...maybe that all depends on the brand? Mine is a Kenmore. Always had problems with every conventional stove I'd had, but this is great!

• mrsmuggleton
    17 years ago

I've had a gas glass cook-top for 22 years now, it still looks like new. I have found spills not to be a problem, if they are really stuck on I just leave a damp cloth over the area for a short time, once it softens it wipes off easy. I just use a spray and wipe type cleaner on mine.

• anniea
    17 years ago

Cleaning a glass top stove is easy. Get as much of the spill off with a damp sponge, (a really thick one, while stove is still warm). When the stove cools, just pour a little baking powder on the stuff that's stuck and gently rub with damp sponge. It's non-abrasive and works like a charm.

• ionized_gw
    17 years ago

I get so tired of the justification of gas stove superiority of gas ranges. It is a flowed argument. The main reason that restaurants never went to electric stoves is probably the expense of power and you can't have professional range performance without a big ventilation system and fire suppression. How many homes have those features?

I have used many electric stoves and many gas. The main factor in performance is quality and the second is quality. Yes, gas and electric have different advantages and disadvantages. I have moved a lot and rented and owned a lot of ranges, gas and electric. I can cook a good meal with either, but it takes some adjustment. Fine control is better with electric, generally and they pack more power to the pot. Electric comes on slower. Cooling off slower is not a problem if you can pull the pot off or:

"I do a lot of simmering and there's no way that the burners cool down fast enough to do this without everything sticking."

Just anticipate the simmer and turn off the power before you reach it. It is not that difficult with practice.

In reading this thread, I was struck by what the arguments could have been like in discussing the merits of gas and wood or coal stoves. You gas chauvinists would have to turn in your wooden spoons if you got stuck with the latter since the cook surface cools off rather slowly.

I would really like to try out an induction range. They sound really great. Stir-frys I ususally do in my yard with 150 KBTUs anyway.

• anniea
    17 years ago

I apologize, it isn't baking powder, it's baking soda. This is what happens at a certain age. If you're distracted, you get confused. Sorry

• hamptonmeadow
    17 years ago

Have an induction cooktop. None of these issues mentioned above apply. Nothing burns on the top, a microfiber cleans up any spills. Instant cooking control . Burner is hot when done but you can still touch it without being burned. I don't shake my pans over the glass but flip them in the air to mix ingredients. You do need magnetic pans but I found mine at Marshall's and they are more than adequate. They don't get dirty on the bottom either. No downsides that I can think of. Cleaning it is easy. I wash with Dawn and use a microfiber to remove streaks. Looks like new all the time. I bought the $1500 one from Sears. I love it, More responsive than gas and a lot less dirty. You do need a hood though. So far they only are available as cooktops but hear they are coming out with stoves in a year or so.

• JXBrown (Sunset 24, N San Diego County)
    17 years ago

I agree 100% with hamptonmeadow. I bought the thing because it had the easy, responsive control of gas without having to install a gas line and because it is far more energy efficient, but I love it madly because of the clean up issue. A spritz of Windex and it's clean.

• captious
    15 years ago

Can someone explain to me why you can't clean the burner until it cools down? I've been wiping up spills immediately with a damp sponge. Am I going to damage my cooktop?

• marlingardener
    15 years ago

Captious,

You can clean a spill immediately--the only danger is that you will burn your cloth/sponge/hand. I usually immediately wipe up any spill or splash that is outside the heated surface, but wait until the burner cools to clean it. I value my skin!

• mustangs81
    15 years ago

I have been pleased with the new Scotch-Brite Cook Top Cleaner. I've only used it twice but I think I will use it once a month after regular and more frequent cleanup as I can see it would be costly to use it exclusively.

• mara_2008
    15 years ago

I bought a glass top Maytag range in May. It's the first one I've ever had. We had had a series of GE ranges (one came with the house) which were extremely disappointing in quality and very hard to keep clean.

I *love* my glass top range! I do clean as I go, and I also use Bar Keeper's Friend (very similar to Bon Ami, which I can't find anymore) each evening after cooking dinner. It cleans better than the special cleaner that came with the range.

It does heat up faster than my old range (which I like), and the burners do take longer to cool down. I realize I need to adjust the way I cook and just turn OFF the burners when I would normally turn them down to Simmer. That will actually be a plus, as it will save electricity. It's just not always easy for this old dog to learn new tricks, LOL.

• mara_2008
    15 years ago

I forgot to mention cookware. Friends had warned me that only really expensive cookware would sit flat on my new range; they said I'd have to throw out what I had.

Well, I'm very glad I didn't have to do that. Most of my pots and pans are RevereWare with copper bottoms, and I haven't had any problem at all. When I got that set, the booklet which came with it said NOT to turn burners on HI, so I never have; if I need to bring water to a boil, I turn the burner on MED HI, put a lid on the pan, and that works great since copper conducts heat so quickly and so well.

I have an old skillet, not as well-made, slightly warped - don't even remember where I got it. I absolutely love to cook omelets in it. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to use it on this range, but so far, so good. :-)

My range has dual and even triple burners on the front, meaning I can use them for small, medium, or large pots and pans. This has been a fantastic advantage, as I cook a lot and use various sizes of cookware.

Mine is a slide-in, meaning there is a slight 'lip' around the edges, which serves to contain any spills and makes it very easy to keep the range clean. Over all, I *love* this range and hope I never have to buy another one.

• wendyg25_hotmail_com
    15 years ago

Mara2008, I found Bon Ami at Ace Hardware. Love it!

• mara_2008
    15 years ago

Thanks for the tip, queenie25! I'll keep that in mind. Someone else at this site told me to look at Ace Hardware for an 'umbrella' clothesline (they're coming back in style, LOL), and it's great to know I can find Bon Ami there as well. Bon Ami is a terrific cleanser, very gentle, doesn't scratch. :-)

• lascema
    15 years ago

I had a GE profile 30" glass cooktop since 2000 and I loved it. I cook a lot and I did many a holiday dinner on it with no problems. It had a bridge where you can put a large pan on two elements. I seared meats, simmered gravy, made candy all with easy clean up. If you are a good cook, you can cook on anything.

• gayle0000
    15 years ago

I just bought my house in May 08 and the house came with a brand-new glass-top electric. I'd never used one before. After reading the manual and googling the subject, I was scared of the potential cleanup, scratches, and everything else already talked about above. I cook a lot. I even use cast iron cookware for certain things. No scratches yet.

It only took a couple uses to get used to the new-ness of this concept (for me).

4 months later...I love it compared to coil electric stoves. For spill/burn cleanups, I just spray on some water or spray cleaner, sprinkle baking soda, let is set 10 mins or so, wipe (sometimes a little scrubbing) with a cotton washcloth. Never used anything harsher or different. Never needed a razor blade yet.

If there's nothing burnt on, then I just wipe it down. I've never used the sample of cooktop cleaner that came with the stove.

If/when I have to get a new electric stove, I wouldn't even consider coils based on cleanup and aesthetics. I have always been a little obnoxious about keeping a clean kitchen and appliances...and thinking back when cleaning my coils and the stove, lifting up the top to clean underneath...Ugh...it exhausts me just thinking about it.

I love it when I can pull something hot out of the oven and just set it on top of the stove without setting out hot pads to protect my countertop.

• Happyladi
    15 years ago

I have no gas in my house so I have to have an electric stove. I had coils before and was very concerned if I would like a smoothtop.

I got mine in May and I have no regrets. I've never had to use a razor blade, I use a special cleaner that came with it and a little scrubbie pad. I think it is much easier to clean the the coil stove. As for cooking, I think both types work well.

I also got a convection oven and really am happy with that choice. It is so much easier to cook more then one thing at a time.

• monaw
    15 years ago

My Mother has a newer glass top Maytag and it is the biggest piece of junk I have ever seen. It takes until tomorrow to heat up compared to electric or gas. A pain in the A@* to keep clean, and a joke. My sister-n-law had one and she HATED hers. Inspite of what people think they are much more hard to keep clean (get out the Bar Keeper's and expect to spend 15 minutes after every meal) not to mention that if you accidentally drop something on them and break the glass (which my sister did) it will cost you big $$$$ to get it replaced! Hope you're not kickin' yourself if you get stuck with one!

• anachemia_gmail_com
    15 years ago

My apartment came with a low-end GE glass-top range. I'm a pretty serious home cook and after almost 2 years, I still have not gotten used to how it tries to regulate the heat.

For example, making steel-cut oatmeal yesterday, the recipe said "Bring to a boil, then simmer 25 minutes." I brought it to a boil, turned the heat down to 2 and walked away. Came back to check on it 10 min later, the burner was off and the stuff had stopped cooking. I turned it back up to 4 and it started sputtering and boiling - too hot. Had to stand there and babysit it for the remaining simmering time.

The heat is very fussy to control, it turns itself off and on with no apparent logic. Personally I'd prefer not to have the stove trying to think for me, it gets in the way and causes problems.

That said, I believe the higher-end models have adjusted for these kinds of complaints - there are apparently some cooktops with a specialized "simmer" function. Sadly mine doesn't have that.

As far as cleaning is concerned, mine is showing wear and tear, mostly because I'm not too concerned with how clean it looks. It did not come with a razor blade and I was not aware you needed to use one. Be prepared to use LOTS of elbow grease and specialized cleaner goo if you are one of these people that needs to have their cooktop looking pristine all the time.

Based on what I've read, my next one will probably be an induction cooktop. I would never buy one of these things nor recommend them to serious home cooks.

• vieja_gw
    15 years ago

This may have been mentioned earlier on this long discussion, but on a recent TV program of "Jon & Kate Plus 8", Kate had her glass top on the electric range blow up! She was cooking in a pot with a cover & she set the cover (with steam droplets inside of it) on the range top to check the contents of the pot & she heard this load bang ... & the glass cooktop had broken in pieces! Appliance man said he had never seen this before but guess one should be aware that is does happen!

BTW: luv that show with all those adorable kids!

• monicakm_gw
    15 years ago

I love that show too and was really surprised that not only Kate didn't know about leaving hot lids on a glass top but the appliance guy had never heard of it either :o I thought everyone knew that it creates a suction and can cause the glass top to crack. Turn the lid upside down or make sure it's propped on something. I LOVE my smoothtop range and will never have coils again! It's got it's own set of issues but even so, it's a million times better than the older cooktops.

• justretired
    15 years ago

LOL saw that Jon and Kate episode too! Love my range and the ease of cleaning. Would not have anything else.

JR

• lilleth
    14 years ago

I thought there used to be a post that said white smooth tops were much easier to keep clean than the black, but I can't find it. Can anyone address this?

• arleneb
    14 years ago

My first post was in June of 2006 -- referring to my first glasstop range. It was a Kenmore, with grey speckled top, and I loved it. When we were planning the new house I'd hoped to get the same color top . . . but fell in love with an Electrolux, which has a black top.

I was worried about it being hard to keep clean, but after a couple months, I'm liking it just as much as my old one. In fact, it's a WAY better range -- heats up very fast compared to the old one. I'm still exploring different cleaning methods, but haven't had any problems with keeping it shiny. I spend maybe 2-3 minutes after washing dishes, a little more if there are major spots, which get hit with some Cerama-Brite followed by a miracle cloth.

So, I've had two and love them both!

• arizonny
    14 years ago

Love my Maytag. It's close to 5 years old and still looks brand new.

Very important to make sure the bottom of your pans are CLEAN. No build up of any kind on them or it will transfer to your stove while cooking. Also, try not to be a sloppy cook. It's really no big deal to keep your food IN the pan while your cooking. :)

I've had a few spills that I had to muscle through but for the most part, it's a 30 second clean-up with Bar Keepers Friend. Mine BTW is Bisque and not speckled.

• MY5SONS2004_HOTMAIL_COM
    13 years ago

I love my glass top range except that I have been thru two of them in one year. They keep breaking on me while cooking. I use cooper bottom pots, do not use lids, what am I doing wrong?

• dockside_gw
    13 years ago

I've had an induction cooktop for almost four years. I love, love, love it. I wouldn't cook on anything else. Had a gas one before. Induction is instant (like gas) and twice as efficient as gas. And, a cinch to keep clean. Nothing burns on it. Plus, it's easier to control the heat on it than any gas or electric cooktop. I can melt chocolate on it. Don't need a double boiler. The heat can be so low (not possible with gas or electric) that eggs don't curdle in a custard sauce.

Mine also has individual timers on each "burner" (it's a European brand). No more burned vegetables or overcooked asparagus. I just set the timer and go on to prepping or cooking something else. And, it makes perfect boiled eggs. Heat up the eggs in water to boiling on No. 11 heat, turn down to No. 4, set the timer for 4 minutes and voila! perfect medium boiled eggs.

But the ease in cleaning makes getting it a no-brainer, that is, if you don't like taking apart an electric coil or gas range to clean it.
    In a few years I predict induction will be the major source of cooking. Prices are already coming down to compare to some higher-priced gas cooktops.

Once you cook on one, you'll never look back.

• Deborah Parker
    2 years ago

can you use cast iron skillets on a glass top stove top

• kathyg_in_mi
    2 years ago

No!