Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone who knows about the lemon law....help!

Posted by ebear1271 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 12, 09 at 19:23

Sorry this is so long but I will greatly appreciate any help that anyone can give me!!

I have a question about the lemon law, or just on how to get a refund on my 1-1/2 year old Meile Capricorn vacuum.
I liked it enough when I first got it. Suction was not as good as my Royal but the filtration was definitely better. Anyway, about 6 months into it, I thought that the powerhead was going out. Turns out it can't handle a lot of pet hair (we have 2 dogs and 2 cats) and the hair was up in the powerhead where you had to take it apart to get to it. Cost me $45.00 to have it "cleaned" and I have since learned how to do it myself.

A month ago I turned it on and nothing, completely dead. Took it in (still under warranty) and they replaced a board that had gone bad. OK, got it home, turned it on....nothing! Took it back, replaced the motor and the main board. Got it home and used it to vacuum the mattresses with the upholstry attachment. It seemed that the suction just wasn't right. Very weak. Using the same attachment, at full power, I used it on my drapes. Barely made a ripple when it should have been pulling on the drapes. Then I plugged in the powerhead to do the carpet and see how the suction was. Guess what? It's dead!!!! My powerhead must be shorting it out.

I will have to take it back AGAIN. The fact that I paid $1200.00 for this thing is making me sick. Does anyone know of any way I can force a refund. I would just ask but after 1.5 years I don't think they'll be too agreeable.

Thank you so much in advance to anyone who can help!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone who knows about the lemon law....help!

I don't believe there is a lemon law for appliances, only cars. I don't know that you can force a refund, but my guess would be that you have a good chance of politely asking for and receiving a replacement. Start with the dealer, and if that doesn't work, contact Miele USA.

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele USA contacts

o

I too have heard of The Lemon Law applying only to cars. If an appliance is under a year old, it probably has some kind of warrantee/guarantee. Contact the manufacturer.

o

Lemon laws would seem to be different from state to state. At least my state has its own lemon law that covers appliances.

I found it Googling ~ appliances "lemon law" [my state] ~

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here