Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ljbrandt

Homemade bleach gel cleaner

ljbrandt
12 years ago

I just spent nearly the entire day cleaning my bathroom. I started off using some REALLY old cleaning products I found, including soft scrub w/ bleach, comet powder w/ bleach and Tilex mildew root penetrator. None of these products worked really well, not because they're bad products, but because I think they were over two years old. Most likely the chlorine bleach had dissipated from the product and they weren't as effective. I made a trip to the store and bought the soft scrub gel spray cleaner with bleach and it worked really well clinging and killing the mildew in the shower. I also used in the the toilet bowl to clean up on the sides and under the rim. It was nice because it stayed put instead of running down.

My question: is it possible to make a homemade version of a bleach gel cleaner? I thought about mixing bleach with dish soap, but a I read that most (if not all) dish soaps have ammonia now. Any ideas? What does soft scrub use in the bleach gel product that's safe to combine with Clorox bleach?

Comments (3)