Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone used a Nilfisk brand vacuum?

Posted by cryptandrus (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 24, 09 at 16:47

My 13-year old Hoover canister vac is nearing its last days, and I'm working on figuring out what to replace it with.

I want a well-made and long-lasting canister vac that cleans hardwood floors well, isn't too heavy or awkward to use, and has reasonably low emissions.

We were considering a Miele until I saw a Nilfisk... it was at an art museum, in a art conservator's lab. I know I've seen them around before, but only in commercial settings.

Has anyone owned one/used a Nilfisk vac?

I'd love to hear what you liked/disliked about it.
Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Nilfisk USA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone used a Nilfisk brand vacuum?

The Nilfisk is an excellent vacuum cleaner if filtration is a high priority. That statement is true for certain models of Nilfisk. These vacuum cleaners are used in environments like clean rooms and clean-up of hazardous dry debris.

I do not know which model you were interested in. The familiar GM80 model is very expensive. There is also the Familiy Vac that is cheaper.

If you just have floors, you will be fine. Now, if you have carpeting, you will want to purchase a model that accepts a power nozzle. The power nozzle kit is also an extra cost.

Do you know the cost for bags and filters? They will be expensive, especially if you have to change the bag often. The plus side is that Nilfisk bags are somewhat big.

Do not rule out other brands, because there are some good-quality vacuum cleaners out there. Your Hoover has done very well for you. Having a Hoover for 13yrs. is pretty good nowadays. Things do not last forever anymore.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here