Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Central Vacuums

Posted by needinfo2 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 28, 06 at 16:40

Well, after a month of searching, I have narrowed down the purchase of a central vacuum to:

Cana-Vac 399Q
Eureka CV3291D
Drain Vac AC2630C

I have found local dealers for each of them and the price is similar with a good electric head. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about any of them. Any info would be a great help.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Central Vacuums

I have one and love it. It isn't as strong as my Dyson though.
Go to the appliances forum and they can give you all kinds of information.

o

You need to look at a VacuFlo. I looked at many different models from all different brands before buying mine. I have the 566Q and it is the best vacuum I have ever had, and I have had them all! You need a bagless cyclonic system like the VacuFlo. A bag clogs with in the first use, a Vacuflo is more like a central Dyson. They have no filters since they are exhausted outside and never loose power. 100% power all the time, whether the dirt bin is empty or almost full. A bagged system will loose power right away and that will defeat the purpose of investing in a central vacuum. Look at the Lindhaus powernozzle, I have a Hayden/Centec with mine and its good but doesnt lower itself down far enough to reach the professional style beber rug we have in our basement.
Good Luck!
Steve

o

It wasn't on your list, but I second Steve's recommendation of a VacuFlo . . . love mine!

o

Hello needinfo2,

After a lot of research on the Appliances Forum & other sources, I also bought a SilentMaster by MD, & purchased a Lindhaus powernozzle with it, & a 3-ft hose. I also bought the hose sock to protect woodwork that the hose might drag against.

The system was retrofitted into our 75-year old house three years ago, with 3 outlets plus a "dustpan" outlet in the kitchen (for a 1,950 sf house).

I LOVE this central vacuuum & have no reservations about recommending it. There have been no clogs, no loss of power, & I preferred a "bag" system so there is not lint hanging all over the basement area. A handy thing is that MD sends quarterly email reminders to empty the bag (which is easy to do). Bags can be ordered from MD online & mailed, so I don't even have to go to the distributor.

The only thing I might change is not getting the "dust pan" outlet because it's noisy.

I'm sure you will be pleased when you have yours.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here