Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleaning Mold off Brick Sidewalk

Posted by georgieporgie (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 16, 06 at 15:06

What can I use to clean the greenish-black mold off my antique brick sidewalk? The bricks are laid on a bed of sand, and there is grass pretty close. I'm worried that a chlorox solution would bleach those antique bricks. Would a vinegar solution work if I am very careful to not allow it to run off into the grass or my flower beds? What has worked for you?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cleaning Mold off Brick Sidewalk

Try a drop of Clorox on a hidden brick and see what happens. We used bleach on saltillo tile (basically an unfired brick that absorbs moisture like a sponge). We tried sealing them and it didn't work. We moved and promised ourselves to never use saltillo for anything ever again. There are too many ceramic and porcelain tiles that look as good or better than saltillo anyway.

Whay are they moldy? Are the bricks wet all the time? Mold will grow on anything that is wet all the time. You're not watering every day are???

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here