Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bluestone and tree sap

Posted by mjlb (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 24, 09 at 14:38

I searched prior posts for cleaning bluestone, but no one seemed to have tree sap as the issue.

I've tried scrubbing with bleach/water, alcohol, orange stuff for removing sticky things, fingernail polish remover, and bug and tar remover made for cars. The most that happened was that the white sap turned gray, but it's still there. The only thing that worked was scraping it off with the tip of a screwdriver. That might be an option, except there are so many sap drops over such a large area, that it would take me months!

Any thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bluestone and tree sap

Ronsonal Lighter fluid will work.
Linda C

o

Thanks! I'll try it as soon as it stops raining.

o

I tried the Ronsonal lighter fluid, by pouring small amount on, then rubbing off, but it only removed a small bit of the stain. Is it my technique? Should I leave it on for a long time? (I was worried it might stain).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here