Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Choosing a Carpet Cleaning Company?

Posted by mommy2nk (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 14, 11 at 14:31

Hi!

We will be moving into our new house in a couple of weeks. Replacing carpet is not an option right now so I need to have them cleaned. I am certain the carpets in this house have never been cleaned and the previous owners have a dog. I want the carpets to be deep cleaned, stain removal, sanitized and the air ducts in the house cleaned. What should I look for in a professional carpet cleaning company. Around where I live I here a lot of adds for a company called Zerorez who do not use any chemicals when cleaning and it is suppose to keep the carpets cleaner. I see a lot of people also use Stanely Steamers.. I appreciate what info you could offer, thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Choosing a Carpet Cleaning Company?

We hired Stanley Steamers two months and we're not pleased with their service. They rushed us to do other rugs to clean which we thought was a deal ($99 for a whole house) after cleaning one-room carpeted and ended up paying $299.
Next time, we'll call Coit.
Ask bunch of questions and read fine lines in their paperwork(s) before you sign and the service!

o
RE: Choosing a Carpet Cleaning Company?

The last time I deep cleaned my carpets I did it myself by renting a steamer/deep cleaner at Home Depot. I got a deal where I had it for the weekend, so I was able to do the high traffic areas twice.

If the carpets haven't been deep cleaned, you might want to consider going with a professional company and then doing it yourself a month or so later, because the first time will get most of the dirt up, but not all of it. Doing it later will probably then get most of it.

My new house has carpet and we can't replace it for awhile either, but, we're going to get a rug steamer/cleaner so we can clean it ourselves frequently, hopefully making it so we won't have to have a professional or rent a professional cleaner more than once a year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here