Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Siding Cleaner for mildew

Posted by viche (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 12, 08 at 12:52

Anyone know of a good, relatively safe (for humans and plants) scrub-free, vinyl house siding cleaner?

Two products were suggested to me:

Krud Kutter Siding Cleaner and/or House Wash. But this contains something called sodium metasilicate pentahydrate which is also known as liquid glass and supposedly can be very irritating to the skin.

Mold Armor House Wash, sold at Home Depot. But this contains sodium hydroxide or caustic soda/lye which I understand is dangerous.

I really want to be able to just spray it on, let it sit and then spray it off. Am I worrying too much about these chemical cleaners? Is there anything effective that's safer for humans and plants?

Thanks.

If you think this would do better in another forum, I'm open to suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here