Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new home cleaning plan

Posted by shwetagarg (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 23, 08 at 12:19

Finally we are on our way to our first home.I want start afresh and make a cleaning plan,Like how many times a month u clean windows...what is the best way to clean bathrooms(bathroom is my biggest concern)and stuff like that.
Can anyone help me ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new home cleaning plan

When we finished our new home, I decided to do away with most harsh chemical cleaners. Now the harshest things I use are for the toilets (comet) and sometimes one for mildew in the bath. I find now that anytime I do use something harsh, I almost can't breath! Otherwise, I bought a steam cleaner from Lowe's to clean all the tile floors. It has cut down on cleaning time tremendously. I use an alcohol/water/soap mix to clean the granite, bathrooms, mirrors, etc. (cheap and natural!)
As far as frequency of cleaning, I don't do the windows until I'm in the mood or can't stand it any longer! But I do a pretty thorough cleaning of everything at least once a week.

o

I also hate to clean and the bathrooms are the absolute worse for me.I an a SAHM with three little onese so I don't have much time in the day. Check out Norwex microfiber clothes. They are wonderful. You can clean a whole bathroom from mirrors, facuet, sink, shower & floor with a single cloth and water only .Removes 99.9% or bacteria traps in the cloth and kills with silver in the cloth. They have a whole line of great products. Very "green" and will save you green.

o

I forgot to mention-get yourself a bundle of microfiber cloths! I got mine (they're not pretty, but they were cheap!) at wal-mart in the automotive section. They clean ANYTHING with no streaks, and you don't have to use cleaner-just warm water if you want. And they don't leave any lint behind. They are the best thing since sliced bread as far as I'm concerned!

o

Microfiber from walmart sounds great!

o

I agree microfibers are wonderful. Just be careful all are not created equal. When I first discovered microfibers I found the you actually need to clean them in very hot water for a specific period of time or they become breeding grounds for bacteria to grow. That is why I love those other clothes that are have silver in them. This way you can clean them in your sink, hang them to dry and all bacteria is killed within a few hours.Pretty neat.

o

If you search Google for Flylady, that was a great way to plan things out for me. It doesn't work for everyone, and it takes a bit of time to get accustomed to the routine and tips/tricks, but it works for a lot of people.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here