Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

o
Shark Steam Mop

Posted by christinen (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 14, 07 at 11:33

Hello,
My name is Christine. I just purchased my Shark Steam Mop online. I can't wait to receive it after reading all of these wonderful reviews. Did the shark come with the carpet attachment shown on TV?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shark Steam Mop

Yes I believe it does, but I don't know of anyone who has used it. If you use the carpet glider, let us know how it works for you and let us know how you like the mop too. :)

o

I bought one too based on everyone's comments. I will let you know how it works out when it comes.

o

I have used the carpet glider - it seems to freshen up my area rugs real well - doesn't really clean, just makes them look fresh.

I just loaned my steam mop to my sister - she called back to say she loved it and wants me to send her the link to EuroPro so that she can order one too.

o

Check out Sears stores!!!

o

I also ordered one online on Oct 10th and haven't heard anything as to when it'll be shipped. I think I'll call Customer Service and see what they say. I'm so anxious to try this!

o

I just purchased a Shark Steam Mop from Sears after seeing the infomercial and reading all the wonderful reviews on here. I used it today, and I have a few concerns. The water ran out very quickly. To do the floors in my house, I had to fill it up very often. Also, the pads were very dirty after doing just my kitchen and the laundry room. The dirt started streaking the floor. I changed pad and before I finished the other floors, I noticed that the dirt was being left on the floor and was left near the baseboard, so I had to use a Clorox wipe to get that up. I have now put both pads in the washer. My concern is that the two pads won't be enough to clean my floors. I think it did a good job on my ceramic tile and hardwood floors, but the pads giving out so soon and having to fill it up with water so often makes me wonder if this is the steam mop for me. Anyone else have these concerns? Thanks! :)

o

cherio4
hmm..never had dirt streaks on the floors..I usually fill the water in every room..the old shark kept going..I think this mop has much more steam coming out (more powerful) so it may not be lasting as long. If you got that much dirt up on your floor, the mop is doing a great job. I ordered extra pads..not a bad idea to do so... now that you have your floors really clean, you probably will not go through the pads as fast, or the dirt streaks .. see what happens the second time you mop.. I usually mop every day, every other day..not the entire house..mainly the kitchen and breakfast room..thats where all the "traffic" is..kids spill, come in out out 100x's and I find it's much easier to keep up with it more often than waiting.. let us know how your second time around goes... hang in there..you will end up loving it. Ree

o

Thanks, Ree . . . I will do that and see what happens. :)

o
RE: Shark Steam Mop..Gail / victorian

Hi Gail
How are you doing? still loving your mop? hope you are doing well! Ree

victorian
sooo..any news on your daughters mop? hope she gets it soon! keep in touch. Ree

o

Hi Ree yes I am still loving it, I do not use it every day, but if I had to it would not be a problem. I am into a different delema,I finally got up enough nerve to get some dental work done.( I have more then a fear it is a phobia) and it has turned into a nightmare. The dentist wanted a consult with my Dr. who had me to come in then proceded with a 101 tests including a 4 hour stress test which I will get the results from tonight. my teeth have been made and I still have the old ones in my mouth. This is worse then the customer sevice thing. LOL but am still loving my steam mop, at least something in my life is easy. Gail

o
RE: Shark Steam Mop vs H20

Help....I'm struggling on which steam mop to buy....I'm leaning towards the H20 Steam Mop by Thane Co....Anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Kim

o

Recommendation for for Shark Steam Mop in Nov Family Circle as eco-tip. pg 18
I love mine. Do tile floors once sometimes twice a day-depending what the grandchildren are into. they are squeaky clean!!
I also do the wood laminate flooring. Amazed at the dirt it picks up everytime. Kit

o
RE: Shark Steam Mop..Gail

Hi Gail
geezz..you have been through a lot since the last we spoke... I hope this will behind you soon with ease. Don't be nervous..dentists have come a long way, so much new technology these days ..you won't feel a thing. This big step you are taking will soon be in the past. As we take good care of our homes, we have to do the same for our selfs..remember, you are worth it!! Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing..my thoughts are with you! Ree

o

Hi all, got my Shark Steam Mop today! I was SO excited to rip into that box. And I even put it together myself. There is a gray plastic piece though that I dont know what to do with. What's that for? There is no mention of it in the assembly instructions.

Anyway, I put it together and filled it up and plugged it in. Away I went on my laminate kitchen floors.

But ... it left streaks when it dried. And it left the floors wet. I thought it dried immediately or no water was left on the floor.

Am I doing something wrong?

o

shaun
the plastic ring is for carpets..I haven't used it, some on here have..maybe they can help you out. The streaks..it's only steam and shouldn't leave streaks..I think once you get all the old cleaners totally off your floor you will not have that any longer. Cleaners built up, so it's probably the cleaner "getting" wet and causing streaks. After you mop a few times and get that all up, you will not have that any longer. As far as leaving the floors really wet? It usually doesn't do that at all...maybe the mop needs to be used a few times before it starts getting really hot steam.. but you shouldn't have wet floors..they are usually "damp" but dries in a quick minute. Use it again..see how it does the second time around..let us know. Ree

o

I just returned my Shark steam mop today after trying it out for a couple of months. It worked okay, but it wouldn't replace my mop. If your floors are really dirty, it doesn't work as well. I liked it better the second time I used it. It's more for maintenance, so it works well enough if you're using it every day or even several times a week. The steam and pads last longer that way as well, because you're not doing such a thorough cleaning. I just decided it wasn't worth the money, and I got tired of refilling it. For some reason, I had a heck of a time putting that little gray "button" back on each time! :) It's great for quick cleanups, but so is the Swiffer Wet Jet, but then you have pads to throw away instead of wash. It's just a matter of what works best for you. If I can get it for less than half the price somewhere else, I may buy it again sometime. And the carpet attachment doesn't really clean, it just "refreshes".

o

Ree thanks, I'll try it again, maybe tomorrow. I'll check back and let you know.

I have built up hairspray on my tiles in the bathroom, I used it last night and it didnt take it all up. Guess it needs another try. But the areas where there is no hairspray is very clean!

Be back tomorrow!

o

shaun
yes..give it another try for sure! There was a post on here some where about hair spray on the bathroom tile, and they got it off with the mop..I would go over it again.. I am sure you will enjoy it! keep me posted
Ree

diane03
oh so sorry it didn't work for you..I guess it is not for everyone. I also have the hoover floor mate, I use that once a week, but I do use my steam mop almost every day, so I don't have problems with it..I know what you are talking about with the little gray cap..lol..I have had my share of fights with it myself! Maybe some day it will come down in price..check ebay too..they have other ones on there cheaper..one is a eureka, you may like it better!
Ree

o

I ordered mine from amazon.com; should be here in a couple of weeks. It's 79.99 from amazon and from Target. Target has it in the stores and online. The amazon mop is sourced from Target. Only around $8 shipping so not too bad. My sister and I are eagerly awaiting mine.

o
RE: Shark Steam Mop vs Thane H2O

Like Kmkarol, I too am comparing options. Similar power and price, I've read both +/- about both. Leaning toward the portable machine offered by Thane for S&H. Anyone have experience with the smaller steam cleaners to take the lead?

o

Lynne
wow..haven't seen you around in a while! Which mop did you order..H20 or the shark? Ree

o

Just reporting - my Shark Steam Mop worked better the 2nd time. No streaking on the laminate flooring and it got the rest of the hairspray off the tiles in the bathroom.

Great mop!

o

I had been thinking about getting a Hoover floormate but now am wondering about the Shark. I would use it mostly on polyed
hardwood floors- the kind that have a groove/crack.
I have a lot of floor space.. roughly 2500 square feet of floor. I also have laminate and tile.

Ideas? Thoughts?
My floors are dirty...I vacuum a lot but rarely mop. I need something, I hate moping with the bucket. It takes me hours.

o
Water leaks

I have used my Shark Steam Mop for the 3rd time. It hasn't left the dirt that it was leaving the first time, but the cloths do get very dirty. Two of the cloths are not enough for my house. After doing my kitchen, one hallway, laundry room, and computer room I have to change to another cloth. Actually, I have to change it a little before doing all of those floors. Then I do the hardwood and bathrooms and it barely makes it. I definitely need more cloths. Did someone say they are sold at Target? I bought my steam mop from Sears, but they didn't have any cloths. Also, this last time I noticed that water was leaking out. I had spots of water left after I mopped. I didn't notice that the first time. Any suggestions on how to prevent that? One complaint I do have is that I have to refill the water very often. Also, the cord is so short, but I'm going to use an extension cord, so that is not a big problem. Any ideas on the leaking water? I do love the way it makes my floors look. Thanks. :)

o

My mom wants one for xmas. Is it worth it?

o

shaun
so glad it is working good for you!! enjoy it! Ree

cheri04 I am glad it's working better...yes.. the pads get really dirty, but just think how well it's working and what it's taking off your floors! The leak..?? is the little gray cap tight? Are you over filling the water container ? I think the water doesn't last too long because it's powerful and a lot of hot steam comes out. even though this can be frustrating, to me, its worth having really clean floors and still saves a lot of time vs. mop/bucket and your floors are clean. An extension cord is a good idea and that isnt a big deal you have to look at the positives save money on floor cleaners, not using harmful chemicals any longer, no more soap residues (that is what was causing the streaks) ,and really clean sanitized floors . If you are still having a problem with the water after you checked the above, call the shark company and tell them this is happening, see what they say.. let us know! Ree

fubugirl
I think your mom will really love the mop! If this is what she wants. Get it for her. .. (if she doesnt like it, it can always be returned) but I am sure she will really enjoy it! Ree

o

bumblebeez
I have both. The hoover floor mate is a good machine.. but more time consuming to use, and more work.
It runs out of the water solution quickly, you have to constantly empty the fill bucket. Once done, you have to wash the filter, collection parts and rinse out the container where you put the floor cleaner in, let it all dry before putting it back together. It really does scrub the floors, but it is much easier to fill the mop with water and go.. once finished, the pad goes in the wash and done. Dont get me wrong. . It really cleans the floors great (you can get sick in how dirty the collection water is) its just more work than the mop. I use both. .I use the floor mate about once a week, and I steam the rest (I wash my floors a lot) I hope this gave you an idea how they differ! Ree

o

Hello - new poster, here. I have the Eureka Deluxe Enrivo Steamer. It also requires refilling often but doesn't produce as much steam as the Shark, based on the ad. My problem is I cannot get rid of splotchiness on my 4-year old ceramic tile floors. I've tried mops, with and without cleaners, vinegar water, the Eureka, other commerical mops, and just hands-and-knees cleaning. The splotchiness remains. Any idea on how this cleaner leaves the surface of ceramic tile? Thanks

o

Hi ladies. First time posting. I just got a shark steam mop yesterday and could not wait to use it. My floors looked a little dull and smudgy afterwards. They were really dirty though. And had a lot of built up floor cleaner on them. So I'm hoping that after I use it again, they will look better. I have two huge puppies in the house. (Labs) Need I say more. I'll let you all know if they come out better. By the way, they are laminate floors. It was very simple to use though. And the pads washed up really well. I bought 3 extra ones when I ordered my mop. I knew I would need them.

o

margaret_grower
splotchiness?? sounds like some sought of stain in the tile??

I normally do not recommend chemicals.. but in the past, soft scrub worked on a lot of different hard to get out stains. Have you ever tried it? That may work The shark is hot and powerful, leaves tile squeaky cleanI am not sure it will remove what you are talking about.but it will give you really clean floors. Ree

o
enjoy your....

peg1953
lab puppies!! how cute! yes.. all the chemical residue is coming off your floors...may take another time or two.. and you will notice a big difference! It's good you got the extra pads.. enjoy your mop!
Ree

o

Hello ladies, wondering if anyone can help me, I ordered the mop on line, and everything went fine, until the end, it simply prompted a message, thanking me for my order, and stated that the mop and extra pads would be delivered within 2-3 weeks, but no confirmation number was given, is this common??

o

Hi all! Was lurkinging here to try and find motivation to clean and found the posts about steam cleaners. The more I read, the more I wanted one! I ended up buying my steam cleaner at Big Lots. It is the ULtra Steam Shark II. Shaped like a smalll canister with a hose and a variety of attachments including one for floors.
I've used it several times and wanted to share my conclusions:
Initially takes alot longer to use to clean showers, toilets, grout, etc. But once they are squeaky clean maintenance is fast.
Love it for my floors. Fast, fast, fast and easy. My machine has a tendency to produce water initially if left sitting while you do something else. Now that I know that the first couple bursts will be water I am prepared. Once it is steaming away the floors dry very quickly. I was worried about using it on my sealed hardwoods but they seem no worse off and they are CLEAN!
Awesome to clean SS appliances, sinks, faucets.
Great on granite and glass (be careful that they are not cold!)
My machine will steam for a long time. I was able to clean floors in 4 rooms, all counters and appliances in kitchen and do a bathroom without running out of steam.
I love the fact that there is no residue from cleaning products. Things really are "squeaky". IMHO (or maybe it is wishful thinking!) everything seems to stay a little cleaner as a result of no residue left on the surfaces. Does it stay cleaner for days and weeks longer(LOL)..NO!
The drawbacks:
This does have a tendency to dispense water initially.
I don't use it to steam clothes because of this.
I go thru alot of micro fiber cloths..for me it is not a big deal.
The whole small cannister and short hose design is something I haven't mastered yet. I want to leave it on the ground but you really have to strap it on and carry it. It isn't heavy but it is bulky.
This is a machine were you have to press a trigger to dispense the steam. At first it did hurt my hand but I have gotten used to this.
If you are hoping steam cleanig will do all the work for you..keep fantasizing!!!
I find the lack of scent is a semi drawback. I never realized that I depended on the scents in cleansers to let me think things were clean!
My steam cleaner is not a miracle but I am sure glad I decided to buy it. I'm sure paying a discounted price helped. While in the grocery store the other day I started down the aisle with all the cleaning products and then remembered that I didn't need to pick them out, or pay for them, or cart them home, or figure out were to keep them or have to worry about what was in them and what they were doing to us!!!! YIPEE!!!
Thanks for all the info and for making cleaning a little more interesting!

o

laburomi
yes..that is common for that company..imagine? Don't worry..you will get it.

tre3
I am so happy you are really enjoying your steamer. Dont cut your thoughts short.. steam is a wonderful way to truly get things clean. It is a sanitizer.. it is usually 220 degrees hot which really kills germs, bacteria etc. off of all surfaces. As far as scents? Just because you smell something.. doesnt mean its clean. You are 100% correct. .no chemical residues ..and thats exactly what you get when you clean with the scented products you buy in stores. I personally love that my house doesnt smell of cleaners. .it smells clean and fresh. I also use non scented natural laundry detergent.. My clothes have never been cleaner, eliminating chemical residue in your clothes is just like eliminating it off your surfaces the steamer is the best way to blast all the little nooks and crannies like around your stove.. Microwave, refrigerator etcthat always seemed impossible to clean with a spongekeep experimenting. .you will grow to love it more and more! So happy to hear you are really happy with it! Ree

o

The first time I used the Shark Steam Mop I was very disapointed. The floor (ceramic tile) was wet and it did not really seem that clean, the pad looked dirty after it was laundered, the floor looked dull in some areas.
I used my Shark Steam Mop today for the 3rd time. Each time it works better. Yes, you might have to refill a few times during the mopping, but when I mopped with a regular mop I often refilled that bucket of dirty water as well.
I have noticed that the pad does not really look clean after being laundered, but really think that it is just stained. The floor really does look clean now and seems to stay clean....Has any one noticed that? I have found for hard to clean areas such as on the floor near the baseboards, Mr Clean Eraser removed the built up dirt that my regular mop missed. My only question concerns the temperature of the pad. It doesn't seem all that hot. Is it suppose to be?

o

cathyjo
when I pull off the pad, it is never really hot..but I do see the steam pour out..and thats hot. I think this is normal. Also..the mop does work better after a few times... you really need to remove the residue build up..thats why at first it may look dull..not clean etc..one thing..it will never dull your floors..so don't worry about that at all... Ree

o

Ree,
Do you use distilled water? How important do you think that is?

o

cathyjo
no..I just use hot tap..I actually let the water run until it is really hot, then I fill it...I don't think you need distilled.. Ree

o

Ree
You use hot water? I've been using cold. Thought you had to use cold.

o

cathyjo
hmmm..I never read directions as this is my 3rd steam mop..I always filled them with hot water..lol does it say to use cold..?? Ree

o

I think it does...Maybe that's why it's mop #3 LOL!

o

LOL!!!....my first shark mop died after a year, I was still using the second mop, until I got the new shark, and gave the other one to my mother in law.. (it still works) I really don't think filling it with hot water would really do any thing..if you think how hot the water gets in there after it heats up..I wouldn't think hot tap would harm it..right? old habit..I just always did it..Ree

o

when we first bought this house the tile had a pattern that did not show dirt. I thought that was a good thing, but it sure did get boring,you could not tell when it was clean,then I started using the steam mop.Now with out the gunk I can tell when I have mopped. It does look clean after being mopped. Tre3 I think I bought the same thing , when I could not find the scunci I bought the Ultra steam shark 2, I bought it from big lots, for the bird cages and it is to cold to go out side and use it so will get back to you on it. Gail

o

Anyone have any info on the Shark VX3?

o

Hi everyone! I am trying to find a good steam mop for my mom but i don't know which is good. Is Shark Steam Mop or ULtra Steam Shark II? My mom's bathroom has vinyl floor and it has a yellow stain. She tried many products and different kinds of mops but it couldn't get it off. Can any one tell me which mop is good for heavy stain on the floor? My mom like to keep the house nice and clean but it's really for her to do it because she has an arthritis. I want to find something is light and work well for her so she can use it every days.

Thanks for taking your time to read this mesg.

Eva

o

Well Eva, I don't know if it will remove that stain...It sounds permanent to me...but the steam mop is a good product. We have been using it for a few weeks and and have found that it seems to work better each time it is used. Maybe because the residue from former cleaning products is finally off the floor. It is also very light and very easy to operate. As for that stain, perhaps a professional cleaning service is what you need.

o

Gail
How are you doing????? I know you were going through a lot a few weeks back..... feeling better? (hope so)
Ree

o

Just wanted to let you know that my Shark Mop arrived last week and I LOVE IT!!!!!!! My bathroom floor hasn't looked or felt this clean since the day I moved in almost 9 years ago! I'm addicted! :) I ordered mine from Best Buy online and had it within a week. So for those of you still on the fence, if you do decide to order it, don't waste your time with the customer dis-service dept. at Shark. The only thing is that you don't get the plastic carpet ring and I don't think they sell the extra pads. Does anyone know if you can order the pads from anyplace other than Shark directly?

Rojo

o

Hi, I'm new here and have been struggling if I should buy the Shark Steam Mop or not-- I have a undulated tile (white) that dirt just sticks to-- I'm wondering if it will clean that all out? I would not mind spending the money on something that will work and remove that dirt. A Magic Eraser takes it out but I'm not into doing every tile by hand... Need something a little easier, and I'm hoping the Shark Steam Mop will help. Thanks

o

Jenniffer, I say go for it! If you don't love it, take it back. Simple.

o

Actually, I had no problem with the Shark online site. My mop arrived in 4 days! Now I am interested in the Shark VX3 vacuum that I saw Saturday morning on an info-commercial. Has anyone heard any thing about it?

o

Amazon will be carrying the Shark for $79.99, fulfilled by Target. (Which I would assume means one can also order the unit from Target's own website too)

Here is a link that might be useful: Amazon Shark Steam Mop - Gray/ Purple

o

The splotchiness mentioned on my floor is actually a dull film that becomes a little shinier with traffic. It's not a stain - it covers all 800 SF of my floor after cleaning. That indicates it's the chemicals. The real problem is the lack of a shine, really. When I use my current steam cleaner, the floor looks clean, but no shine. It was never a high-gloss floor, but it did have a natural sheen that I can't seem to get back. It probably is worth trying a new steam mop since I can take it back if it doesn't work. I'll try Sears. Thanks - Margaret

o

Margaret,
A year ago, I had a similar problem with my beautiful brazillion cherry floors. I was sure they were ruined forever. I think it was caused by a combination of cleaners, ALL of which said they were safe for hw floors, but somehow I ended up with splotchy smears all over my floor. I had my floor people come out (who could only recommend refinishing all the floors), I did internet check after check, etc. Tried everything. What eventually did the trick was a product from Holloway House (they have a website). I've forgotten the name of it, but I think you'll easily find it. I believe I used a no-scratch scotchbrite and the HH house product mixed with hot water. It was a fair amount of elbow grease, but it was the ONLY thing that worked. Work in small 3ftx3ft areas for best results. It was such a relief to get my gorgeous floors back I almost didn't mind the work...
Lynn

o

My steam mop arrived last Thursday, so I've been steaming all weekend - even steamed my mom's. We both were in shock on the dirt that came up! Glad I ordered extra pads! I love it, but I was wondering if anyone has seen or used the Shark steam mop that Lowe's sells? I saw it yesterday and it has the mop plus attachments to use for steaming countertops, etc. It is a canister type steamer on wheels, and the box says you can work for 50 min w/out refilling. It sells for $99.99

Also, for those that were interested in the Scuini hand held steamer that ReeRee recommended, I found mine at Big Lots for $30.00. They had one for $40.00 also which had the mop attachment, but since I had the Shark, I didn't need that.
Can't wait to get home and try the hand held steamer!

o
carpet glider

leanne-rn,
I used the carpet glider and it works real well on low pile carpet such as berber or rugs. It does not "glide" over high pile carpet. It does not clean, but the steam did lift some dirt onto the pad. My carpet should not be dirty since my son owns a carpet cleaning business! But, we know how that works, I'm usually last in line since I'm a freebie!

o

I just purchased the Shark Steam Mop tonight at Sears. It was on sale for $85 but I brought in proof that Target is selling it online for $79.99 and Sears matched the price.

I was thinking about getting the Scooba but decided to try the Shark Steam Mop first.

It literally took just a few seconds to assemble. I tried it on my kitchen floor first. My vacuum just died (thats another story) so instead of vacuuming first I swept with a broom. The cloth didnt pick up as much dirt as I expected it to but I had just washed the floor a few days ago. What I did find was that some dirt wasnt picked up by the cloth at all, it was pushed to the baseboards. A few swipes with a paper towel did the trick. Other then that, it seemed to clean the floor.

My thoughts:
After reading the other posts, I know enough to judge its cleaning powers by the second or third cleaning.

My husband thinks that the floor looked pretty good. Since it's normally his job to do the floors, he's looking forward to cutting his chore time dramatically and getting rid of dealing with the dreaded pail of dirty water.

My 16 year old son gave it two thumbs up.

I guess we're keeping it. Now Im off to try out my new Dyson vacuum!

o

Hey Ree, do you work for Shark or something?? Just kidding!! You're tips are amazing! I still throw a wet towel on the floor with h2 and I use my old swiffer wet jet to push it around!!! It has velcro on the bottom to hold the towel!! I'm a joke, I know but I'm huge on recycling!! Miss chatting with you!
JoAnn

o

I purchased the Shark Steam Mop online with much trepidation. As my son says I suffer from chronic buyers remorse and will only buy if it can be easily returned to a store. I took a chance, and must say I am glad I did. The mop is an excellent product. Each time I use it the floor looks better and better. It is easy to use too. I just wish the pads were disposable I understand the H20 mop has such pads and I think it is a good idea. It seems like I am constantly washing the Sharp pads.

o

Ree, sorry I didn't see your question. I ordered the Shark from Amazon and it shipped today. I can't wait to try it out.
Thanks for all the good advice.
Lynne

o
RE: Shark Steam Mop - Floormate

Someone asked about the Hoover Floormate. My sister-in-law loves hers. I returned mine. I found it awkward to use, and the floor didn't look very clean after I used it. Perhaps there was something wrong with the unit that I had. I didn't try another one because on top of everything, it made my back hurt more (bad back.)

o

Hello,

For those of you that are using the Shark Steam Mop on tile floors; is it effective on grout? I had a porcelain tile floor put down a couple of years ago. I think the sealer on the grout was not applied correctly.

Does the Shark, Steam Mop reach and clean the grout?

Thanks,

o

Oh man, I bought mine at Sears last night but didn't price match. I don't know if it's worth the gas and time to get the $5 price difference. :-(

o

Question to those of you who bought the mop at Sears.
Did you get that carpet glider thing?
I bought mine yesterday. The box looks new, but there's no carpet glider.
I was kind of looking forward to freshen up my carpet with it... but it was a little disappointing to see that piece missing.
Is it for online purchase only??

o

Hi jackie,
I purchased my steam mop from Sears, and I did not receive a carpet glider. I noticed that others on here that purchased from Sears also did not get a carpet glider. I wrote to customer service to see if I could purchase one, and they wrote back and said I could get one for $19.95. I thought that was way too much and to have to pay s&h on top of that when others got it free was a big rip off. Ree told me that she thought it was not worth it, so I quit worrying about it. Remember that it does not clean the carpet, but freshens it. But it might be worth it to you, either call or email customer service and see what they have to say. They might offer a better deal now, who knows? Good luck. Let us know if you get a better response from CS, ok?

o

I got the carpet glider in my box but wasnt sure waht it was since there was no mention of it in the instructions. You all told me what the grey plastic piece was!

Do you use the pad with the carpet glider?

o

Just got my new steam mop 2 days ago and I love how easy it is to clean the floors. I kind of feel like I am cheating since it's so easy. My only question is that I've noticed that when the floor dries, it kind of leaves splotchy marks from the steam. Does anyone else have this happen and is there something I can do to prevent it. Thanks.

o

izzy51
the splotchy marks is not from the steam...it is all the soap/chemical residue that has been coating your floors..it will take a few steam cleans to remove it all...you will notice a huge difference once you get it off . Ree

o

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting here. I have read all the reviews on the shark steam mop and am really looking forward to purchasing one. Many have said that it is available at Sears but without the carpet attachment. I don't really mind not having that. I checked the sears site but did not see it there. Do I just walk into my local sears and it should be available in store? I've seen it is on target.com but not in stores yet either. I really really want to get one and try it out in my home. I hate using checmicals especially around all my animals.

o

Yes it is in the stores and at Kohl's store..Linda

o

I had to buy it at sharksurplus.com i went to 5 differnet stores they didnt have it yet.

o

I just purchased the SSM at Sears today.

o

Ree....thank you for your review and all the tips! I read all the reviews here and gone to other sites for reviews. Some were negative, but I think by the descriptions of their experiences, they may not have known how to use it properly. I am in Florida and our Sears stores did not have it, so I ordered it from Bestbuy.com. No shipping charges either. Their website tells me two weeks, so I am crossing my fingers it will come even sooner. From the questions that everyone has asked you, I felt much better about my order. Thanks to all of you!!

o

Hi aliehs
I am happy you are getting one..I am sure you will really enjoy it. Let me when you get it..there is a good possibility it will come sooner.. let me know when it arrives and how you like it!
Ree

o

Like many posters, I found this forum (and it's "sister" H20 Mop] after seeing infomercial. THANKS TO ALL for very informative End-User input ~ bummer for those [particularly in H2O Forum] who had trouble with direct orders from Shark/Euro-Pro. Given the positive reviews about the product itself, I decided to get one. The last post in H2O Mop Forum by rojo24 steered me to BestBuys website... As far as I can tell it is the same model as the current model of the Shark Steam Mop offered direct minus the carpet ring thingy. FREE SHIPPING. Out-the-door"" total was $86.19. Oh boy here comes cleaner hardwood floors!
Peter (aka Hanjive)

Here is a link that might be useful: Shark Steam Mop At BestBuy Website

o

I just purchased 3 of these from Best Buy for $79.99 and no shipping. Where can I order the pads? Doing all my Christmas shopping online.

o

talk2bw... thanks for your reply (it's me .. jackie! for some reason my username changed after i logged in- weird)
so no carpet glider from sears, huh? DARN!!! :)
Oh well, i don't have the courage to face off with those customer service folks at shark...
i guess i'll have to live without it..
I still haven't tried my mop yet.. planning to do it tomorrow and i'm very very excited!!

o
wanted: carpet glider

actually... ladies....
please let me know if you think you won't need that carpet glider.
I'm willing to pay $10 (incl. shipping)...
am i being too cheap?? :)
If interested, please e-mail me at hongjeein@yahoo.com
thanks! will let you know how great my mop is!

o

Jeein, Customer Service is not a problem. I do suspect you will be calling India though. I must say I was treated respectfully and they were extremely helpful with my problem.

o

I just used the Shark Steam Mop again tonight. I was finished in under 5 minutes and the floor was clean and totally dry.

I'm loving this!

What I don't like is that I now find myself on the slippery slope to fast and easy cleaning appliances. I traded in my mop and swifter for the SSM. My current vacuum was dying and after seeing how clean my kitchen/bathroom floors were, I needed to get a really good vacuum. I ended up getting a Dyson (which is fantastic). Could I stop there? No...I then went out and bought a carpet cleaner. I think I need help!

o

ree......you might be right about the delivery. I just checked email and Bestbuy has shipped it. Hopefully this week. I cannot wait to try this mop! Does anyone know where it ships from when ordered from Bestbuy? UPS doesn't have info yet which means they haven't started the scan process.

jeein........I have no carpet in my home whatsoever, so I would be glad to send you mine. I haven't read on here where the carpet piece doesn't come with it when you purchase from Bestbuy. So when it gets here, I will let you know.

o

What I don't like is that I now find myself on the slippery slope to fast and easy cleaning appliances.

LOL! I know what you mean.

o

aliehs
I really don't know where it ships from when you get it from best buy..I am glad you will be getting it soon!! Let me know when you get it and how you like it.... Ree

reneee
So happy you love your mop! Happy steaming! Ree

o

Hello everyone! I purchased my steam mop last night from Kohl's after not fiding it at Sears (Thank you Linda). I used it as soon as I got home. Just like everyone says, it wasn't great on the first try, filmy and really streaky. Waited for it to dry (which wasn't long at all) then pased over it again.. then repeated about 4x. Now my kitchen floor(laminate) looks GREAT!I still have the rest of my house to do!

After doing just the kitchen though I had to machine wash both microfiber cloths. They were filthy! And I thought I did a good job cleaning my floors. :(

I could not find anywhere that sold the extra pads so I just ordered on the shark site. Extra pads I would say are a definite must!

Over all I love the SSM already! Goodbye Swifer and all you harsh checmical floor cleaners! Hello Steam cleaned floors!

o

My hubby just picked me up a Shark Steam Mop at Kohls today for my birthday. I just finished using it and I am content with it for the moment. My floors, especially my kitchen linoleum is disgustingly dirty and yellowed...so I am guessing it will take a while before I get everything up, and I know the staining is going to stay!! It was very easy to set up and use...and I can see myself using it daily. It isn't like those heavy, messy, hard to use machines that you dread to take out!! I will write more when I use it again.

o

You have sold me on the Shark Steam mop but want to know what is everyone using on the carpets for the deep steam cleam I would be truely happy to find something that really does a great job on steam cleaning carpets. With 3 pets are are making there messes I really want the carpets to shine over the holidays HELP ALL

o

I heard that Bissel makes a good steam carpet cleaner and it can also be used on hard flooring. I will be looking for answers to this question also.

o

zipster, I just bought the Bissell steam mop and really love it. I chose the Bissell over the Shark model because it seemed to me to be better quality. I have used it twice and feel the floors get really clean. I was using the Swiffer wet jet (I have hardwood and tile) and hated the sticky feeling it left. It leaves the floors wetter than I thought it would but it dries very quickly. I ordered mine from Amazon and had it in 4 days. It makes cleaning the floors so easy!

o

renwald
so glad you really like your mop! When you first used it, it wasn't that the mop didn't work great the first time..it actually loosened all the residue that was on your floors..isn't it amazing what we once thought was clean, really wasn't? It sounds like you have it all removed..it's smooth sailing from here..happy steaming! Ree

purectrygirl
the shark mop is great on all your flooring, I have the carpet attachment but never used it. What some have said that tried it is, "it freshens it up".. I really don't think it's meant to be a deep clean for carpets. I had the original sharp mop from a few years back..they didn't make a carpet attachment back then, so this is new to me as well... Ree

zipster
..I don't think it's the steam mop that you are talking about..maybe do a search on bissell, and see what carpet cleaners they make that also have an attachment for flooring.... Ree

o

purectrygirl -

With 3 pets, I would suggest getting the Dyson Ball - All Floors or Animal vacuum (depending on how much you want to spend). I was both amazed and grossed out at what this little beauty got out of my carpet. It practically turns on a dime, making it so easy to maneuver. I picked this up at Linens 'n Things using a 20% off coupon from Bed Bath and Beyond.

After I used this great vacuum and saw how much better our carpet looked, I wanted more...so I just bought a Hoover SteamVac with Clean Surge (Model F5914-900). It's not a vacuum but a great carpet steam cleaner. It got fantastic reviews on Amazon. I used my 12% off coupon at Best Buy and got the extended warrantee

o

sorry zipster, I thought you were refering to a steam mop. I have a Hoover steam carpet cleaner that I have used on hard floors but I found it to be too big and bulky for frequent use. It does work great on carpets,though.

o
RE: Shark Steam Mop at Lowes

I bought my steam mop from Shark.com and I'm really enjoying it! But my mom bought the Shark steam mop that is a canister type and is on wheels from Lowes. I love it! I mopped her floor the other day, and it was great. For $99.99 you get the mop attachment and the "hand-held" attachments (I bought a hand-held steamer separately), plus it steams for about 50 minutes. It comes with one pad, but you can turn it over and use the other side. The pad is like an "envelope", you slip it over the mop head and attaches with velcro. Whenever I buy another one, it will be the one from Lowes.

o

I don't understand where the dirt is coming from. I have washed my floors 4 or 5 times since I got my mop last week (just because of the novelty of a new toy) and I vacuum every day, and no one wears shoes in the house, and my mop pads are STILL coming out dirty. Where is this dirt coming from? It's freaking me out knowing that my floors must have been THIS dirty before and I didn't know it. Ewwwwwww!!!!!!

o

i would think you could use cold water from tap in ssm like in a steam iron. you lose to much water going for hot water. some of us have been asked to conserve water. i just ordered my ssm from shark surplus. any one know where i can order some extra pads - i read these notes and it seems 2 isn't enough. i did 2 other messages, but wasn't signed up. sorry if they end up coming up.

o

For those of you who are interested, I was at my local WalMart Superstore and they are now carrying the Shark Steam Mop too. It was seventy some-odd dollars (sorry, I forget exactly). I looked to see if they sold the pads separately, but they didn't. It would be more convenient if we could buy the mop pads in stores rather than on the web sight. I have a niece that works at WM and she said sometimes they start carrying accessories. I live in OK so some of you might check your WalMart stores to see if they are carrying SSM too. The steam mop must be getting really popular that so many more stores are starting to carry it. Good luck.

o

izzy51
I don't think it's dirt/dirt..I think it may be all the soap residue coming off... It takes a while to get it all off... it's amazing how it builds up! Hope this puts your mind at ease a little (smile)
Ree

o

yep...Soap scum.....dirt.....I really don't know.....I also have been "Playing" with my SM more than I ever washed my floor before and that pad looks awfully dirty when I am done. Can it be that my kitchen floor is that dirty?! YUCK!!!!

o

Hi... I've read the entire chain and would like to hear answers re: grout and ceramic tile flooring. My entire house is tile and I've yet to find a thorough way to get it clean. The steam mop sounds like a winner but I'd like more feedback from tile owners. Help?

o

Meilene....Just finished cleanup after Thanksgiving dinner and my steam mop helped to make it an easy job. I love my ceramic tiled kitchen floor but.....everything that spills sticks to it, and when wet, it can be as slippery as ice. Today there were gravey, cranberry sauce, and I think blueberries spots dried on the floor. The steam mop cleaned it without too much effort on my part. My favorite part of the mop though is that the floor dries almost instantaneously.

o
RE: Shark Steam Mop - it's fantastic

My sister and I both highly recommend the Shark steam mop. We put it through it's paces on Wednesday, and we give it two thumbs up.

Has anyone used the mop on Peel N Stick floor tiles? She used it on hers. There was no problem. However, she read that steam mops are not recommended for Peel N Stick tiles.

Also, has anyone used it on concrete? There are some spots on the outside near my front door that I would like to remove.

o

Ooh, after seeing these posts I am itching to clean! Can you guys give me a specific model number for the one you have purchased? The one I found locally is a Euro pro Ultra steam blaster #S3325. Is that what everyone has? I've read mixed reviews about how this particular one cleans grout. And you have to wipe up the "gunk" after it steams it out? Is that correct? Also, is it possible to steam clothing with this model? I don't see it specifically recommended for it, but I'd love something that would do both floors and steam clothing! Thanks so much!

o

Hello everyone! Have anyone use the H2O Mop before? Which mop is better? Shark steam mop or H2O mop?

o

Eva81-I've been looking at these posts all morning and it seems that the overwhelming consensus is that they all like the shark better than the H20. There's alot more posts on this forum, if you look back.

I swore I wasn't getting out in the mad shopping crowds today, but I'm thinking I'll brave the snow and get me one!!

o
RE: Shark Steam Mop 2

Eva81-I've been looking at these posts all morning and it seems that the overwhelming consensus is that they all like the shark better than the H20. There's alot more posts on this forum, if you look back.

I swore I wasn't getting out in the mad shopping crowds today, but I'm thinking I'll brave the snow and get me one!!

o

To see the correct model, go to www.target.com and type
"Shark steam mop" into the search criteria.

Only one product is listed. I ordered mine online (you can do this from target.com or walmart.com.

If you want to buy it in a Target store, make sure you check the locations on the web page, to see if the mop is in stock in your Target.

o

I love my steam mop so much that I am really looking into purchasing and actual "steam cleaner" for all around the house(appliances, bathroom tile, grout, heavy greased houswares etc). I have been doing alot of research and stumbled upon this: http://www.steam-cleaners-direct.com/index.htm. I just would like feedback from everyone, is 695 really worth buying this for? Is there any recomended steam cleaner for under 200?

o

lynne_melb
I don't think the shark mop will work on concrete..power washing is best for that. I am happy you and your sister love the mop! Happy steaming! Ree

renwald
695.00 is outrageous !!!! I have the Scunci steamer and absolutely love mine. There are good reviews, and bad.. ..I have mine about four years now, its still powerful and works like I just bought it. I find it holds a good amount of water and its easy to carry around. I never use any of the attachments, I spray and wipe with a paper towel. Wonderful and fast to clean bathrooms and cuts time more than half.. very fast and everything is sanitized. Also great for all the nooks and crannies.. like the crease on your stove, microwaves (inside and out) I even do my windows and use a window micro fiber cloth.. spotless! There is a million and one uses.. The link below is what I have.
Ree

Here is a link that might be useful: scunci steamer

o

I purchased this little mop for my girlfriend after listening to her process in cleaning her wood floors. She called me and said she loved it besides some other good words of thanks. It pays to listen. I'm happy and I don't have to clean her floors!

o

Okay, you guys have done it to me! I braved the snow and crowds and went to Lowe's and bought the Shark Ultra Steam Blaster. I used it on my 40 year old NASTY bathroom tile and it's not pristine white, but it's 100x better than what it was! I had tried everything under the sun to clean that tile, nothing would work! Cleaned out corners I've never been able to get to, cleaned the grill under the fridge, cleaned the toilet seat hinges, etc., etc! I LOVE IT! Thanks so much to you all for the idea! This may change my "housecleaning" life!
ReeRee-I do have one question for you. While the steam blaster seems to be cleaning things really well, I'm not convinced it's hot enough to actually sanitize. What do you think? I'm thinking I probably still need to clean around the toilet with a sanitizer. Also, OT, but I tried your suggestion of fabric softener sheets for the soap scum in the shower. WONDERFUL! But it did not take off the hard water spots that seem to be on there permanently. Also didn't take off the gross crud off the bottom of my texturized shower pan (tried the steamer also, but didn't work). Any advice to clean that? THANKS!

o

Hi, everyone! this has been the most fun, reading and practically getting to know everyone. Renee, you have been most helpful and I love all your hints.

Now, my dilemma - Best Buy is sold out and they have free shipping! :( I live in San Diego, does anyone know if they have seen one in a Best Buy here? or have they called Best Buy to see when they'll be back in stock? Thanks!

o

superchick

The water in the steamer is 220 degrees, it is hot enough to kill germs. I clean my bathroom with it and I feel it is sanitized . I also use a natural cleaner at times as well. I love my steamer, you are so right.. it gets all the nooks and crannies that is almost impossible to get with traditional cleaning. For my shower glass, I dont use fabric sheets ( I dont use them in my laundry , so I dont have them to try, that was talk2bw I think..?? ) I use Brillo with oxy clean, ( or regular brillo) works wonderful, removes water spots and does not scratch the glass. The steamer does not get that off. We just put in a new bathroom, we use to have a "plastic" base..even though I do not use any chemicals to clean..I had to use soft scrub to get it white and clean. I used the scrub part of a sponge, scrubbed it well, then let the soft scrub sit for hours. It was the only thing that got it clean. Now we have an acrylic base and it is a pleasure to clean..no scrubbing, I just spray with my natural cleaner and it sparkles. I am so happy to see more people avoiding chemicals and doing more cleaning naturally! I hope this was helpful! Ree

o

Thanks, ree for the suggestions. I will definately be trying those for my nasty shower. I was just concerned abou the temp. of my steamer (the Ultra Blaster). While it's cleaning very well, it doesn't seem all that hot. I can put my hand near the steam and it's not totally unbearable...nothing in the manual (I don't think) about the temp.

o

superchick
hmmm..I can't put my hand near the steamer..it's very hot. I have the Scunci Steamer..I never used the Ultra Blaster, so I can say if that is the way that one is or not (sorry)
Do they have a CS number you can call and ask how hot the steam should be? I think that will be your best bet..other wise, it seems to be doing a great job and cleaning well, right? If it's steam.. I am sure it is hot... (don't put your hand too close) Ree

o

Ree, as always, thanks for the information. I really appreciate it.

Sparklysue, the last time I checked (couple days ago), Target also had free shipping. Also, their web site will let you search for availability in stores in your area.

o

Thanks Lynne for the info. This must be the gift to buy for Christmas, everyone is sold out. But, I've ordered it from Target, hopefully it gets here sooner than later.

Sorry, Ree, I had your name wrong. You are the one I was thanking for all the help and hints. Now, I'm looking for the Scunci steamer. I've never cleaned this much in my life. Or at least, until I get the steamers. sue

o

Hi Lynne & Sue
you are welcome! I am just glad (as I said before) more of us are eliminating harsh chemicals in our homes. truthfully , long ago when someone told me they only cleaned naturally, I thought ..how clean could their house really be ?.. I literally bought every cleaner on the store shelf and was a big time bleach freak.. now that I have been chem free for years, my house and air quality is so much cleaner (chemical residue is really gross)..when I started with steam five plus years ago..I was hooked! I remember when I first got my handheld steamer , I stayed up for hours into the night steaming everything in sight..I really have to laugh..but it really is a good thing. (it's so fast too!) Anything that can cut cleaning time more than half that really works, has my vote (smile)

Sue..if you look a few posts up, I posted a link to the scunci steamer.. I think you will have luck ordering it from there.. let me know if you get it and how you like it .. there is a million and one things around the house to use it on..it gets those nooks and crannies that is impossible to scrub out , I think you will love it! Ree

PS.. (I also use a natural organic cleaner that is excellent and perfume free, just smells clean.. I know.. I am crazy. lol ) Oh!! ..natural detergent too

o

Hi,
I my wife is wanting a steam mob for cleaning her no-wax laminate floors. I looked at the Shark FAQ and found one place they say not to use on no-wax but the next time the question was asked it did not say no-wax. Has anyone used it on a no-wax floor?
Thanks
Jerryand

o

Ree, I looked up buzzelectronics.com, but the steamer isn't listed and there are no searches for it. Maybe I have it wrong?

Also, where can I buy just the replacement pads for the shark steamer? I can't order them from the shark site and I ordered the steamer from Target - I can wait to clean for a bit, ha!

o

I just bought the shark steam blaster from lowe's- the one that is 99.00 and has all the attachments. I tried it in two different rooms on my hardwood floors. The floors got really, really wet. And the pads aren't dirty. I am concerned about the wetness mainly. Not good for real wood floors. Is this model different from the shark steam Mop?
What am I doing wrong?

o

Alicahaley-they are two different things. The "mop" is what everyone else on this post is talking about. Doesn't have any attachments or anything, just a mop.
I just bought the "Blaster" from Lowe's this weekend, also. I really liked it! I definately think yours is not working correctly. Mine took about 10 minutes to heat up and only when I was working on tile for an extended time did the water puddle a little. Do you think it might have anything to do with the pressure cap on the tank? I'm wondering if it's not tightened and not keeping the pressure up? Don't know if that would have anything to do with it. That's definately not how it should be performing.

o

First time poster here, but after reading about the Shark from Lowe's I just had to chime in. I got the Ultra Steam Blaster last week. My floors are WET after using it, and the steam is very very weak. I am so disappointed! :( I have the white mop head in the wash, and as soon as it is clean and dry it is going back to Lowe's.

o

sparklysue
Here is a link..hopefully you'll have luck getting it here..let me know how you make out! Ree

silverraven and alicahaley
That shouldn't be! Your floors shouldn't be soaking wet, that will cause damage to your wood floors for sure! Maybe consider the shark steam mop. Many of us have it and love it. Your floors are dry in a minute and the dirt that it gets off of them is incredible. Some on here bought the Bissell steam mop and are happy with that also, but I can't talk from my own experience as I have only owned Shark mops for the past five years. I am so sorry to hear your bad experience, must be very disappointing! keep me posted! Ree

Here is a link that might be useful: Scunci steamer

o

I saw it at my walmart.

o

fubugirl: what did you see at Walmart? the scunci or the shark steamer?

I don't seem to be able to order the extra pads on the shark website. You have to order the mop also. Does anyone know how to order just the pads? thanks!

o

sparklysue: I ordered the extra pads through the website just before Thanksgiving. I recieved them today. At our local walmart here in Houston they have the shark steam mop, not the scunci.

o

Can I just make sure that the Shark Mop is the one in the link? I bought this one at Walmart for $79.00, and I am just checking that I got the one that everyone is discussing.

Someone mentioned a gray button, that they had to push to make it steam, and my model DOES NOT have that. It just steams automatically as you stride forward and backward.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Shark Mop at Target

o

I really want the mop after reading all the posts, but I have a question. My kitchen floor is old linoleum that I have to use a shine product on to keep it shiny. I use Holloway House. Great product. But I'm wondering if the mop will strip off the shiner every time I use it. Maybe I should just use it now and then and reapply the shiner after. Any ideas on how you think this will work? Thanks so much.

o

sparklysue
here is a link to the shark supplies page, you can order them right here. Ree

utopiankitchens
Thats the one!! Enjoy it! Ree

dannysmommy
I am not sure if it would remove the shiner? Here is CS #
1-800-798-7398

this is all it has on the site on what not to use it on:
Q: What uses are NOT recommended for the Shark Steam Mop?
A: All of the following:
Unsealed Wood
No wax floors

Hope this helps! Ree

Here is a link that might be useful: Shark cleaning pads

o

the shark steam mop

o

Just making sure this is normal....does everyone find that while mopping, you sometimes have to stop and pump the handle a few times to get extra strong bursts of steam?

o

I just had to share a funny story.

My hubby and I were getting ready for company to come over when I sent him into the kitchen to vacuum the floor so I could wash it.

I pulled the Shark Steam Mop out of the closet as he left the kitchen to start vacuuming the living room carpet.

When he came back to the kitchen I was winding the cord back on but he thought that I was unwinding the cord. He looked at me and said, "You haven't started yet?"
When I told him I was done he thought that I was kidding him...especially since the floor was dry and he had only been gone a short time. Of course once he actually looked down and saw how clean the floor was he knew I was telling him the truth. He was speechless.

It doesn't get much better then that!

o

Ree, I havae been following this thread since checking on a Shark Steam mop in Oct. I am lucky as my husband does all my floors and he spotted this one on TV. I finally ordered one today from Target. Free shipping. My question is about the grey button. What is it and is it a problem? And, does it get grout clean? Both those questions have been asked but have heard no anwers.

o

Hi errett
Wow ..you are lucky ..hubby does the floors!!!
The little gray button is where you fill the water. It's tricky at times to get it on because it is so small. .but it's not a problem at all...

grout... if your grout is light in color and shows dirt, it may not get it out . You are just pushing the mop back and forth, so I don't think it would be good for stained grout. It will clean it as it goes over it, but won't remove stained in dirt so to speak. Your floors will be really clean. You (or hubby) may notice streaking the first few times. .it is not the steam. .what happens is, all the chemical residue from the cleaners will start coming off, which will give your floors a streaky look. .don't panic, after a few times with the steam mop, it will all be removed, and you will be so happy in how clean they are. I hope this was a little helpful. .feel free to ask questions. .I will be happy to help!
enjoy the mop!!
Ree

o

errett...It's not really a button....I don't know why they call it that....It is actual more of a "screw" or "plug" to hold in the water. It unscrews, you fill the mop with water through a small hole, and screw it in again. VERY easy.
I am not sure if it cleams the grout. My floor has an almond tile with brown grout, so it's hard to tell. My floors looks great though. By the way....My husband also does my floors. That part is even better than the mop!

o

Thanks for the advice girls. We girls are lucky to have such great guys. The rest of you must really be grateful for the "Shark". I have now seen a couple others that have just come available too. The Steam-Fast and a new Bissell that is not in the stores yet, but at the low prices they should all be avail. soon and easy to find.

Yes, my grout is white and I have porcelain tiles that are a white shade. Very shiny. We have always just used water and vinegar with very hot water. I am sure that is what attacted hubby to the "shark". I am anxious for it to arrive. I really am not thinking there will be streaking but maybe a little as we have been waiting to get it for a bit to do a thorough mopping. There was a faint hazing on the tiles when it was first put down and I really think that is from the grout. Just had to clean it. If the Shark is really good may havc some professional come in and clean and re-do the grout.

Thanks all for all the help. Especially Ree (*;*)

o

errett
That was so sweet, thank you! I just have to tell you. .tell hubby not to use vinegar on grout. The acid in the vinegar will deteriorate the grout. I read that some where not to long ago...

with the streaking.. some have written they saw streaks on their floors after using the mop... there is nothing in the mop but water, which will not streak a surface. When you use cleaners regularly , it will build upwhen you hit it with hot steam, it loosens the cleaner and activates it . So some have experienced streaks and it may take a few times to remove it. .. I figured Id let you know so you wouldnt think it was the mop.

Let me know when you get it., and how you and hubby like it. :)
Ree

o

Ree -

Just checked the Target sight and IT has already been shipped. It says delivery between Dec. 7-12 so eagerly awaiting it. Can hardly wait and Jim is also happy.

Thanks again.
C.

o

errett: I've owned my SSM for a little over a week now, I make excuses to use it! Like Ree said, you may notice streaking for the first few uses. I cheated by using the SSM, waiting for the floors to dry (w/c didn't take but 2 mins) and reapeating that for about 4 or 5x.
The SSM works really well by using steam to lift dirt and undissolved solutions(old cleaners) from the flooring.
I use the SSM on my tile, laminate and linolium flooring works really well! As for the grout, I don't think the SSM will be able to get rid of the tough built in dirt, it mway be able to loosen it for you to remove with a toothbrush and wet rag.
I went to Lowe's to purchase the Shark Steam Cleaner from there, I think it was the steam fast. It was a canister type steam unit with an attachable floor cleaning tool. Long story short, I bought it, used it the same night and returned it the next day. If you want to clean floor surfaces the SSM is your answer! I was not happy at all with the steam cleaner from Lowe's, low power.

But! For all you ladies out there that want a Dyson Slim! I just got mine yesterday from my local Lowe's for 407.01 after tax! So far I really like the vaccum, I did however need to buy the $85 car accessory kit form Bestbuy for the pet hair on my chairs and sofa.

o

alicahaley & silverraven:
Did you buy the Shark that is a canister on wheels? I hate to hear you had problems. That is the one my mom and my brother-in-law bought at Lowes and it worked great for them. My Mom's hardwood floors were hardly wet at all.

o

Hi All,
Been reading the all the posts since yesterday morning, after seeing the H20 mop infomercial...I decided to go with the Shark... BUT I need immediate gratification and the mop was not available locally...so I too bought the canister model at Lowes, only $86. including tax! I love it! I had to double clean to get the build up off, surprising since I have been using vinegar water for the past year. I have a small home, all tile...the peel and stick industrial tile, 2 dogs, 2 cats (furballs) and one handicapped adult daughter to clean up after.
I have steamed the floors and it did a great job, I need to order more pads...that is when the floors get wet...when you have been soaking the pad with steam!
I like the larger capacity tank of the canister (1400 ml), I run out of steam before it does!
I may still but the hand held mop for speed on the kitchen floor...maybe.
The rooma dirt dog does great prep work, especially with the furballs.

Thank you all for the suggestions. Ree, they should put you on the payroll!
Goldie

o

goldieaz:
Glad you like the Shark from Lowes! If you can't find a place to order the extra pads you can try making your own. My mom made her some more pads by buying the micro fiber cloths at Sams, and sewed a couple of them together, folded in half, then sewed up the sides, and I believe she "pins" hers on, but you could put velcro on them like the original pad.

o

GREAT idea lawless! Thank you!

o

errett
can't wait to hear how you and hubby like it! keep me posted!

goldieaz
Oh I am so happy you are loving your mop! Yes..I wish I were on pay roll..lol! I just love my mop.. I had the first shark mop a few years ago, when it went ka-put, I couldn't find another..so I bought an Eureka "homeworks" it was ok..but not my shark..finally, when shark made a new mop, I was thrilled..but I do still miss my first one, I liked it better, but this shark is great also. There's nothing better than having really clean floors in no time and great on wood because they don't get "wet" I have never had any damage to them, so it's a great feeling to know they are really clean with out the worry!

enjoy your new "toy"! Happy steaming
Ree

o

hope this post goes thru. just rec'd ssm and can't wait to use it. my question is for those that have a handheld steamer cleaner like shark euro pro or scunci, can i steam clean fiberglass showers, stove tops, and fabric furniture for dust mites, etc without using any caustic unnatural cleaners? anything i can't clean or disinfect with these steam cleaners? thanks for any guidance.

o

Hi lyda,
I have steam cleaned the wall by the stove (ok, but will take off paint if you hold it in one spot to long), Microwave (but not directly into the vents inside), toaster oven (GREAT!) stovetop and under it, punched iron security door (nothing else even touched the dirt on it!) all with JUST WATER.

and of course the floors.

I will use it in my shower with fiberglass, and the seat in the car. The key seems to be not to hold the steam on one spot for too long...hmm, the mattresses....yanno you guys and going to get this whole house clean!

o

Ree Just had to let you know The Shark arrived at our house today. However, Hubby is out doing charity work for a Yuletide Parade tonight. Golf tomorrow and Habitat for Humanity on Sat. He promises he will do the floors ASAP. I promised I would put it together while he is out tonight.

Also, Any of you who DID get the plastic ring for around the mope that do not want theirs, PLEASE let me know and I will make arrangements to take it off your hands. We only have two small carpets as the rest of floors are porcelain but I would love to be able to FRESHEN up these rugs.

Thanks

o

Hey, sorry so long to reply, been busy!
I actually think there was something wrong with my steam shark from Lowes. It was the one on wheels. Even when I just started out using the pad it would soak the floor, I mean leave puddles! I would have given another one a try, but this is the only one they had in the store. Oh well, maybe I will go to Sears and get the upright one!
S

o

Hey All

Just wanted to let you all know it took literally two minutes to put the Shark SM together. I can hardly keep my hands off but promised Hubby that he will be the first and (hopefully) the only one to use it. Wouldn't want him to be a Tom Sawyer or Huck Finn with me. I will let you all know as soon as we have used it.

Thanks, C.

o

hi, I am new posting here. I've been reading about these steam mops for awhile now and I think I have decided to get the Shark Euro Pro floor mop and the hand held Scunci. Now I am wondering where I can buy them besides on line? Also does anyone know if both are a continuous spray of steam or must you keep squeezing the trigger?

o

I am wondering whether I can use the Shark steam mop on our unglazed tile floor. I read from somewhere else that SSM shouldn't be used on unglazed tile. I did read the FAQ from Shark website but it didn't say anything about unglazed tile floor and their answer is not consistent. One answer said not on unwaxed floor and the other said unwaxed floor and something else. Who has experience with unglazed title floor? Please share your experience. Thanks!

o

I love my SSM. So much we bought our daughter one. She used it for the first time today and really loves hers. For those folks looking for extra pads, Home Depot sells them but they are pretty spendy there. I think around $25 dollars for 2.

o

I hate my shark steam mop. I have ceramic tile in dining room & kitchen, hardwood in living room. I've used it about 5 times. Leaves ugly streaks all over my floors & 2 pads are def not enough--they are a mess & washing (even bleaching) does not get them clean! I've gone back to scrubbing on my hands & knees; however today I wanted to do a quick clean up today in front of my door & now the stupid thing won't steam? Talk about frustrating! Colossal waste of money....

o

• Posted by
    raymond lanczki
    (rlancz@aol.com) on
    Thu, Feb 17, 11 at 12:34

I have a steam shark used it 4 times the steam does not come out when I pump the handle. I've seen ads on reconditioned steam sharks I wonder what the problems where.

o

I have had my steam pocket mop for almost a year. It has started acting up. The steam will not come out. I pulled the mop head off and the steam came shooting out. Could it be clogged with something? I would hope they last longer than a year. Has anyone tried to clean it out with vinegar?

o

Does anyone know if it will hurt your Shark Steam Mop to add Mr. Clean with Febreze. I just love Febreze and how it makes my house smell was thinking that this might add to the fresh clean smell.

o

Hey, just got a steam mop from a yard sale. They said all the parts was there and not there. I just put it together today, but no instructions. Also no carpet glider. Do you have to wait awhile for the water to get hot? Does the water come out as you mop? Please help!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here