Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what is the active ingredient in dip-it® coffee maker cleaner ..

Posted by albert_135 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 13, 09 at 11:05

What is the active ingredient(s) in DIP-IT® Coffee Maker Cleaner and Stain Remover?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what is the active ingredient in dip-it® coffee maker cleaner

Normally, to find out what's in a product, you can do a google.com search of the prouct +msds, which stands for material safety data sheet. However, the Dip-It MSDS says the product is non-hazardous and thus exempt from revealing what it is.

Maybe someone with a chem background could deduce more from the MSDS.

Here is a link that might be useful: dip it msds

o

I have a package of Dip It on hand. It says :"Caution-skin and eye irritant. Contains sodium perborate, sodium carbonate, sodium silicate. Contains no phosphorous." I'm not a chemist or scientist, so I don't know what all those sodium things are. Isn't sodium/soda a salt?

o

Greywings, thanks for reference to MSDS. I knew this sort of thing must exist out there somewhere, I just didn't know what it was called.

There must have once been, or perhaps still are more than one dip-it as jannie's package contains no phosphorous and greywings link does. I have found links to two, perhaps different, coffee maker cleaners.

One dip-id product contains, or did contain, citric acid and sulfamic acid which are, or once were the workhourses in denture cleaners.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cleaning Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here